Is it possible to work on the upper lid and the lower bags of the eyes? (photos)

I can pretty much wait for the upper lids. 7 years I was in an accident where I had fractured my skull in 2 areas and had bleeding on my brain. I had a black eye caused by that fall so sometimes it fills up with liquid and sometimes not. But of course, when I touch it it feels like a popped blister. Just wrinkled. It's ugly. Especially when I put my make up on. Now!! A year and half prior then that I had a car accident and I have the same thing. What can I do?

Upper and Lower Eyelid

Thank you for your question and photo! You would absolutely benefit from an upper and lower eyelid surgery.  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon

Chicago 

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. You may be a candidate for both upper and lower eyelid surgery. Upper eyelid surgery is performed under twilight anesthesia and on an outpatient basis. The "pinch technique" engages excess skin contained in the upper eyelid for removal. In the lower eyelid, an incision is made several millimeters below the eyelash line and is carried laterally into the skin crease where skin and muscle are then repositioned and excess skin is removed. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may be a candidate for both upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty., performed in the same surgical setting.  This can be designed with no visible scar in most patients.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Upper and lower eyelid surgery

From your photos, you may very well be a good person for both procedures, but you should visit with a surgeon who has had a lot of experience and is willing to spend he time with you to go over things.

Best of luck.

Leland Deane MD FACS

Garden City and Babylon

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question.  It is very common to perform an upper and lower blepharoplasty at the same time, assuming that a patient is a candidate for both.  Advantages to having these procedures performed at the same time include: one recovery and downtime, one time requiring anesthesia, and only taking time off from work once.  From the information and history you provided as well as the photos that you included, you appear to be a good candidate for both an upper and lower blepharoplasty.  A lower blepharoplasty would help to address the bags of the lower lids and an upper blepharoplasty would address the hooding of the upper lids.

I would encourage you to seek an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in blepharoplasty procedures.  From the photos that you provided, it appears as though you have more lift and mobility of the left eyebrow, which would be important to evaluate in person.  At the time of your consultation appointment your concerns and goals can be best addressed and your candidacy for either an upper or lower blepharoplasty can be best determined.  I hope you find this helpful and I wish you the best.

Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  Upper and lower blepharoplasty is very often performed at the same time.  The advantage is that you have only one recovery from surgery. The decision to do eyelid surgery really depends on what bothers you most and what you hope to achieve. Your upper eyelids are probably symmetrically droopy, but you lift your left eyebrow making it appear that things aren't as bad.  It is possible that this related to left eye dominance or a remnant from your accident.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified oculoplastic surgeon to fully examine your eyelids and recommend the possible options for you.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid aging

It's possible that what you're seeing is related not just to accidents but also to the passage of 7 years.  It is possible to address upper AND lower eyelid aging and aesthetic issues at the same time during the same operation.  You should consult with a qualified surgeon in your area to see what your options are.