One eyelid is bigger than the other? (Photo)

So recently one of my eyelid has changed on the left side. I'm not sure why, I have never had this issue with my eyelid. What should I do to correct this.

Uneven upper eyelids

this could be an operative complication, or congenital.  It would unusual for this to occur sponaneously.  I suggest that you see an ophthamologist, and find out if referral to an ophthalmic surgeon is indicated.

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Keep in mind that no human being has a perfectly symmetrical face. That said, you would benefit from a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. It is an opportunity to explore ways to address the recently changed eyelid as well as discuss any and all cosmetic concerns and desires. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid retraction on the left

It appears that you have eyelid retraction on the left. I would recommend seeing an oculoplastic specialist in your area for complete evaluation, diagnosis and treatment. Thyroid lid retraction is fairly common and may be treated effectively with outpatient surgery. Best wishes with your evaluation. 

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid?

It is impossible to tell from one photo what your problem is, but it may be a droopy eyelid (ptosis). You'll need to consult with a oculoplastic surgeon in your area. He/she can help you find a solution.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry

It appear that you have a Ptosis. I would suggest following up with an Oculo Facial Plastic surgeon.

One eyelid is bigger than the other

It appears your right upper eyelid is drooping.  A straight forward procedure to elevate ans even out your eyelid levels can be done as an outpatient procedure.

Fred Suess, MD

If right eye is the normal side...

If your right eye is the normal side, then the left upper eyelid seems "retracted". That is, it seems more open than the left side. Often, Thyroid Eye Disease may be the underlying problem. You need to be evaluated by an experienced Oculoplastics surgeon to get this properly evaluated. In the San Francisco area, Drs Eve Moscato and Stuart Seiff are excellent choices. The are other very well qualified Oculoplastics surgeons in SF as well. ASOPRS.org would be another good resource for your as this is the website for American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.

Good luck.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid appearance #plasticsurgery

A recent change in the appearance of one eyelid in a patient with no history of eyelid surgery could indicate pressure related trauma, swelling from trauma or infection or a topical reaction to makeup or skin product.

Eyelid fullness on left

by history and also looking at the photographs it would seem that this unilateral swelling of the left upper eyelid without a history of trauma or infection needs to be investigated. You should see and experience plastic surgery, ocular plastic surgeon, or head and neck surgeon who does more than just cosmetic surgery. Appropriate studies can be done as well as physical examination to document the problem as well as provide a possible treatment

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Recent change of the left eyelids

Often times a droopy lid can cause this appearance, however if you feel that the right side is your "normal" side and the left side has had a recent change, this definitely would require further investigation. Older photographs would be helpful in evaluating this change. An oculoplastic surgeon should be able to evaluate your left orbit to see if there is a cause of this lateral upper eyelid flare (opening wider than normal). There can be a wide range of causes of this type of change (mass, thyroid disease, etc). Good luck!

Omar K. Ozgur, MD
Mission Viejo Oculoplastic Surgeon