Eyelid Surgery. (photos)

I've uneven eyelids. Can I get my eyes like Selena Gomez's? She has a droopy and an open (the reddish fleshy part is quite large and is visible to a large extent) eyelid. Do I have ptosis? If yes, can it be repaired and transformed just the way she has her ptosis shaped? Please do mention the surgery I need to undergo through for the desired result.

Eyelid surgery

from your photo, you appear to be Asian and Selena Gomez is not. While there are things that can be done to "westernize" your eyes, because of your facial bone structure and the position of your eye socket, it isn't reasonable to expect to have your eyes like Selena Gomez's. 

I think the fleshy part that you are talking about is the medial canthal region (inner corners). Asians commonly have an epicathal fold which blunts that area and it is certainly possibly to open it up, but at the cost of light scars. You may have minor ptosis, but it is hard to tell from just a photo. Selena Gomez does not have ptosis. I think what you are looking for would be an Asian blepharoplasty to reset your fold higher with a medial epicanthoplasty. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Anatomical differences between in the eye region of Asians and non Asians

The eye socket is very different - Asians have shallower eye sockets compared to others. This cannot be easily altered. A double eyelid surgery with inner epi can open up the eye area, but you won't be able to change your entire appearance of the eye area to a difference race.

Charles S. Lee, MD

You have Asian

lids and you really cannot compare yourself to Selena's, who has quite a bit of asymmetry.  You have better symmetry.  If you want a double fold, you will need surgery but you must make sure that your surgeon understands what kind of double fold you want... whether it goes across the whole lid like Selena's or starts after your medial epicanthal fold like most Asians.  You do not have ptosis from your photos.

Curtis Wong, MD

Asian eyelid surgery

Everyone's eye and anatomy is different and impossible to look like someone else. There are procedures that can help alter things but the goal has to be realistic and natural. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian Blepharoplasty?

your eyes are gorgeous the way they are. I would advise you to have NO surgery since this comes with some risk of having a problem after surgery. 

There is no evidence that Selena Gomez had ptosis surgery.

You have ptosis.  The eyelid platform lays on the upper part of the eye and shades the upper part of the cornea.  Properly done, correcting the ptosis will make your eyes look brighter.  A personal consultation is needed to determine how much eyelid platform to show  which is controlled at the time of surgery with an anchor blepharoplasty.  Selena shows about 2 mm of upper eyelid skin.  That would be about right for you.  This is not about "Westernizing" the eyelids.  Will this make you look like Selena?  Not really.  It will make you look like a much better version of yourself.

Eyelids

It doesn't matter what you call yourself, plastic or oculoplastic surgeon, your eyes will not look like Selena Gomez and you need to know that up front.  Good luck, Jane

Possible Eyelid surgery?

Thank you for your question and photo!  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon who preforms eyelid surgery routinely!  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon