Why are my eyes misaligned and is there a fix? (photo)

I was diagnosed about 15 years ago with mild shortsightedness I've only noticed this difference in my eyes very recently as this does not show up in a mirror, only in photos which I understand why. I've never worn glasses as never though I needed them that badly. The shortsightedness was different in each eye but very similar and to a low degree.I have also noticed that due to the one eye being above/below the other, my head tilts slightly to the right at all times to keep my vision lateral!

Possible Blepharoplasty ?

Thank you for your question and photo! It is hard to exactly diagnose you without a physical examination in person.  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation on your options.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified

Plastic Surgeon

Chicago

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Noticeable asymmetry between the eyelids occurs with laxity in the skin, however, your slight difference may be due to natural unevenness around the eyelid area. While it may be a normal occurrence, please feel free to consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive an opinion from an in-person examination.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Misalignment

Your asymmetry is probably normal variation and does not require treatment for normal function. However, if it is cosmetically bothersome to you, you could consider evaluation by an oculoplastic specialist. A canthoplasty on the left might with elevation of the lateral canthal angle might give an appearance of better symmetry. Best wishes with your decisions.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon