Breast Implant Inspira 285cc .. Is It Too Big ?!

I'll have my BA I'm 5.25" &136 pounds 34AA & breast width diameter is 10 cm.my surgeon said i can get implants with 10.5 cm. I'll get Allergan inspira silicone & I'm confused between: 255cc and 285cc (extra hp and the projection is 5) I'm confused with the following 1-Would the 285cause rippling to me?Are they too big for me i'll have them submuscular?Are the going to affect the Cleveage appearance negatively? 2-soft or textured?

285cc too big ?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is very difficult to determine the best size you will need  or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implant

#breastimplant

Implant sizing

This is a common question for patients.  The honest answer is that it is very difficult to tell the difference between 30cc.  If you are looking for as much projection as possible then I would tend to lean towards the bigger implant.  If you are concerned about being to big then I would pick the smaller of the two.  I tell my own patients that cleavage is something that should be created with a bra.  If you have obvious cleavage when you are not wearing a bra then I would consider this an unnatural look.  I personally tend to use smooth round implants in this case.  Best of luck!

Size

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Choosing the right breast implants

Breast biometrics and measurement of breast tissue thickness play a large role in determining which implant is best for you in terms of size and shape.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Implant sizing

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Implant differences

30 cc's difference between two implants is only a shot glass full. An exam in person would help determine what is best for you.  Good luck.  Rippling happens more often with less soft tissue coverage.

What implant size is best?

Diameters and size depends a lot on what you are desiring.  If your space between your breast is excessively wide, you need wider implants that go beyond your normal breast diameter size to achieve this.  Your frame determines what size you can carry without looking excessively full on top.  Some doctors will not exceed your natural breast size so you have to understand the philosophy of your doctor and he/she should be able to tell you if your goals and desires will be achieved.  You should also make sure you know what the revision policy is as some are much better than others in terms of additional cost to you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Implant Sizing?

I'm assuming that you have chosen your plastic surgeon after careful due diligence.

Now, I would suggest that you do the following:

Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "too big” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

The difference between 255cc and 285cc is a matter of millimetres

The two implants you described are minimally different.  Put some clothes on and they'll hide any tiny difference between the two (and that's assuming you would be able to tell any difference once they've been put in)

Martin Jugenburg, MD