20lb dog stepped on breast 2 days post op (Photo)

My 20 lb dog stepped on my one breast with his paw 2 days post op. The breast is now more swollen higher up. Should I be concerned? (Breast on the left in the photo

Post ba

Its unlikely that a silicone implant ruptured, but following up with your surgeon is really important to determine if its a hematoma, rupture, or just swelling.  Intervention may be required to preserve the best outcome and only your surgeon can best determine that based on a clincal exam.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

2 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 days post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dog stepped on breast?

Generally speaking when there is an abrupt change in the shape of your breast in the early postoperative phase a sudden bleed needs to be ruled out. A simple in office ultrasound can readily discern the presence or absence of fluid around the implant. This needs to be addressed by your operating plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery.  I wish you an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Post-op

Thank you for your question, and the photo. I agree, it is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam so he/she can check on the swelling you have in your breast. Best wishes.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

20lb dog stepped on breast 2 days post op (Photo

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. I am sorry to hear of the accidental injury to your breast but because of its acute change in appearance and increased swelling it would be best to see your surgeon to rule out possible issue such as a hematoma.  See your surgeon sooner than later.  Best wishes.

2 day post op breast augmentation

Your right breast looks more swollen in the photo.  This should be looked at ASAP.  This may have nothing to do with your dog but a hematoma has to be ruled out by the surgeon.  
Good luck
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Question

Thanks for your question and picture.  I would contact your surgeon as soon as possible to go in for a quick in-person examination.  

Wishing all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Concerns

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear of your concern. It is best to follow up with your plastic surgeon for an in-person examination. On-line consultants can not adequately address this question. 

20lb dog stepped on breast 2 days post op

Any trauma to the breast at 2 days post op is cause for concern.  Contact your surgeon as soon as possible for an evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Yes

Any changes to your breast after breast augmentation should be best evaluated by your surgeon.  
best Wishes,
nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS