Can you get dysport injections if you have asthma?

Dysport OK with asthma

Use of Dysport in a patient with asthma is fine if confined to the face.
Not recommended for the neck area with asthma.

Dysport and Asthma

Hello and thank you for your question. There should be no problem with you having Dysport if you have asthma. Best of luck.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

There is no contraindication to having Dysport injections if you have asthma.

There is no contraindication to having Dysport injections if you have asthma. Make sure to tell your injector about your condition, however, and always see a board-certified dermatologist for any injectable neuromodulator treatments.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Can you get Dysport injections if you have asthma?

Hello, and thank you very much for the question.There are no contraindications associated with Dysport treatment for patients with asthma. However, it is important to disclose any medical conditions to your provider prior to having treatment. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist; each is a fantastic choice. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Dysport and asthma

Yes, you should still be able to receive the Dysport treatment.  As always, it is best to inform your injector of your medical history and any medications your are taking.  Enjoy your treatment results!

Camille Cash, MD

Dysport and neuromodulators in asthma

Dysport and other neuromodulators are safe to use in patients with a history of asthma.  You should always inform your physician of all medical problems and medication prior to any treatments.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport and asthma

You are wise to be asking whether your injectable treatments well affect underlying medical conditions. With regard to your question, dysport can be used safely in patients who have asthma.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question. Yes, it is okay to have the Dysport treatment. Please mention your asthma condition with your surgeon or injector beforehand.

German Newall, MD

Dysport and Asthma

Thank you for your question.  Having asthma is not a contra-indication to receiving Botox or Dysport injections. The neurotoxins act to paralyze the muscle they are injected into. No systemic effects result when injected by a competent professional. I always recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon who does a high volume of injectables.

Botox or Dysport and asthma

There is no reason that you cannot have a treatment like Botox or Dysport if you have asthma. Just make sure you see a qualified injector for good results.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."