I Am 65 Yrs. Old; Am I Too Old to Have the Ulthera Procedure?

Best Candidates for Ultherapy

Its not necessarily an age relevant treatment as much as quality of the skin we're working in and amount of laxity. Its ideal for patients with mild to moderate laxity. Ultherapy can be a very useful tool in improving the tone and quality of tissue. Having a consultation with a provider in your area should help you decide if its the appropriate therapy for you.  

Age and Ulthera treatment

Ulthera treatment, like Thermage and even surgery, is more successful when treating healthier skin.  Younger skin that is severly damaged from excessive sun exposure, poor diet, or other factors may respond less well than healthy, well cared for skin in an older person.  I believe the quality of the skin is more important than the age of the patient and thus do not have an absolute age cut off when determining if someone is a candidate for Ulthera treatment.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Rather than age, skin quality is what to look for when evaluating whether or not a person will benefit from Ultherapy.

Rather than age, skin quality is what to look for when evaluating whether or not a person will benefit from Ultherapy. If you have taken good care of your skin over the years and have moderate skin laxity, Ultherapy may be a great option for you. On the other hand, if you have severe skin laxity, Ultherapy may not provide the results you want. There are other non-invasive options, which may be more effective for your particular problem. I suggest having an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist who offers a variety of treatment options to evaluate your concerns and determine if Ultherapy is a good option for you.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Ulthera and Age

Age is less of a factor for Ulthera than skin quality.  Ulthera is ideal for patients with mild to moderate skin laxity.  Patients with younger, healthier skin, without sun damage are more likely to have a more dramatic result due to their increased ability to produce collagen.  An in-person consultation with an experienced provider is the best way to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy: Effective Anti-Aging at any Age.

Patients who are 65 and even older can derive positive results from Ultherapy. It all depends upon the patient’s overall health, as well as his or her skin quality, lifestyle, and degree of skin laxity. Since I have no photo of your and I haven’t examined your skin, I can only say this: If you’ve always taken good care of your skin - using sunscreen and leading a healthy, active lifestyle - you’ll see better results than a 55-year-old whose face reveals sun damage and the signs of ill health.

In short, no one is chronologically too old for Ultherapy. It all depends upon your skin’s condition and your body’s capacity to respond to the ultrasound energy. Consult with an anti-aging specialist about the treatment, and see what he or she recommends.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Ultherapy at 65

Assessing a patient for Ultherapy has more to do with skin quality , amount of skin laxity and patient expectations NOT chronological age. Patients at age 65 can be successfully treated and I urge you to have a consultation before committing to any procedure Good luck!

Melda A. Isaac, MD
Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy treatments are appropriate at any age

Ultherapy treatments are appropriate at any age. Physiologic age is more important than chronologic age.

The indication is laxity of the skin and the procedure can be done if you appear to have good dermal collaen content and healing potential.

Read the Ultherapy book provided on the link below.

Age and Ultherapy

It is not so much your chronological age but rather the condition of your skin including amount of pigmentation, prior sun damage, genetics and other factors. For most age 65 should not be a problem.

Age Range for Ultherapy

Chronological age and skin age are not always the same. Someone can have very youthful, toned, and elastic skin at 65 if they used sun protection and a skin care regimen that helped to maintain the quality of their collagen. Premature skin aging from extensive exposure to harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun can be evident in the 30's and 40's in some people. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will give you the opportunity to consider both non-surgical options like Ultherapy and surgical options to determine which approach would work best for you.

Bryan G. Forley, MD

Results seem to better when the skin has an ability to create new collagen, which decreases as we get older. You may want an in person evaluation to assess the quality of your skin.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS