Can Ultherapy Be Used on Your Body?

Can Ultherapy Be Used on Your Body?

The answer is yes. I have been doing Ultherapy on the body since roughly 2011. The Ultherapy company is aware of my results and is presently designing studies in preparation for potential FDA approval. Simply put I used my knowledge of the anatomy of aging and the mechanism of action of Ultherapy in order to develop a protocol for the body. 
Areas that are routinely treated in my practice are the arms, breasts, inner thighs, thighs and buttock for butt lift as well as cellulite, the anterior thighs for cellulite, abdomen and knees. Profound is another well studied, highly scientific device like Ultherapy. I use both for the both depending on one's personal anatomy and history. 
These are excellent devices with progressively more consistent results now, as well as significant qualitative rejuvenation eg. anti-aging, for your future. Now those who need surgery have their options and those that do not need surgery have an excellent option as well.
Hope this helps

Ultherapy can be used on body for right candidate

Ultherapy was recently FDA approved for use on the chest, and it can be used off-label in other areas as well with good results. Aside from Ultherapy, other skin-tightening procedures that can be used on the body are ThermiTight and Exilis. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist with expertise in skin tightening for an in-person consultation to come up with the right treatment plan for you.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

ULthera in the body

There are a few off-label areas that are being tested by a very small number of practitioners in the USA(breasts, arms, buttocks) but I do not know of any published data or safety recommendations.  Visit in person with an Ulthera provider and ask questions directly.  Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera for the Body

FDA approval has been for the brow, but many doctors have been seeing some good results on other areas on the body.

No studies have yet been published to describe optimal selection/parameters for body treatments.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy can be used on the body in the right candidate

Yes, Ultherapy can be used on certain areas of the body in the right candidate. In fact, it is FDA approved for use on the chest as well as the face. At my practice, we’ve also seen great success using Ultherapy for loose skin over the knees, buttocks and on the back of the arms. See a board-certified dermatologist experienced in using Ultherapy on the body for a consultation to see if you are an appropriate candidate for this treatment.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Ultherapy Be Used on Your Body?

Ultherapy is approved to lift the eyebrow, under the chin and on the neck, and smooth lines and wrinkles on the décolletage. You can use Ultherapy on different areas that are not FDA approved such has the arms, buttocks, knees, and more.

There are other body contouring treatments that may work better on these other areas such as Exilis and Vanquish.

Ultherapy off the face.

The use for Ultherapy goes far beyond the face and neck. It is proving to be a work horse for chest tightening, arms, abdomen and loose skin on thighs and around knees and elbows. It works beautifully for the thin wrinkled out skin that can occur from weight gain and loss.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy for use on body

Ultherapy is cleared for use on the face, neck and décolletage . It currently is not FDA approved for use on the body.

Ulthera on body

Ulthera can be used on many areas of the body where you want to build collagen support.  This can include the buttocks, arms, knees, thighs, abdomen, etc.  although this would be considered off label, it works in the same way as it does on the face - it builds collagen and hence tightens the region being treated.

Ultherapy for Body Contouring

Ultherapy has been cleared by the FDA for use in lifting, toning and tightening the forehead, mid and lower face, chin, neck, and décolletage. However, Ultherapy is now commonly used “off-label” to lift, tone and tighten areas that include the upper arms, back, abdomen, hips, thighs, and buttocks. The treatment uses ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen production, triggering natural skin retraction. This ultrasound energy has been shown to be highly effective for both facial rejuvenation and body contouring.

Hal Michael Bass, MD