15 Basic Questions To Ask Your Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Seattle, WA
- Last updated: 3 months ago
So you've scheduled a rhinoplasty consultation (woo-hoo!) and you're wondering what questions to ask your potential surgeon. Look no further. Here's a list of 15 standard questions each doctor should be able to easily answer.
1. Are you board certified and if so, by what board? (ASPS and ASAPS are both great answers).
2. How experienced are you in performing rhinoplasties? (ie, how many have you done and for how many years have you done them?).
3. What percentage of your practice is devoted to rhinoplasty?
4. When did you perform your last rhinoplasty?
5. What is your percentage of happy patients?
6. What is your policy on revisions?
7. What is your revision rate on your own patients?
8. How long do you spend performing a rhinoplasty like mine?
9. What are potential complications and risks in a nose like mine?
10. What type of rhinoplasty technique will you use for me?
11. What type of anesthesia do you use and why?
12. What sort of facility do you operate in and, if not in a hospital OR, what is your protocol in the case of unexpected surgical complications?
13. What percentage of your practice is open versus closed rhinoplasty? Can you use both techniques?
14. Can I see before and after cases of noses similar to mine?
15. Do you feel that you can create the type of nose that I have talked with you about?
16. Do you reconstruct the nose with autologous cartilage and tissue?
17. When should I expect to see the final result of the procedure?
18. When can I resume exercise and physical activity?
This list has been reviewed by Paul S. Nassif, MD.