What is the difference between a BBL, Fat transfer to the buttocks and Butt augmentation?

I mean like price wise and how long they take and the results you can get from them etc.

BBL vs. Implants

Thank you for your question. Butt implants are made of a solid or semi-solid silicone. Butt lifts utilize a patient's own body fat to create their desired shape. A Brazilian butt lift also may have a lowered risk of infection since the patient's own body fat is used for the procedure. Price differs depending on the location and doctor. Start by seeking a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

BBL and Fat transfer is the same thing. Butt augmentation can refer has a fat transfer or a Butt implant. 

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

The BBL or Brazilian buttlift involves fat transfer to the buttocks and is a form of buttock augmentation.  Buttock implants represent another form of buttock augmentation.

BBL and butt augmentation are the same thing.  It can be achieved by fat transfer or implants. I would recommend an in person consultation.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL/butt augmentation

A butt augmentation generally refers to the placement of implants in the buttocks whereas, fat transfer is part of a Brazilian butt lift. A BBL consists of fat being harvested from a donor site on the body and injected into the buttocks. There are several factors that can affect the cost of a BBL procedure: location, surgeon, and how many areas you wish to harvest fat from (liposuction). I can tell you that the average cost of a BBL according to Realself is between $6,000 and $7,000. A buttock augmentation (implants), according to Realself, is between $8,000-$9,000. A butt augmentation is a permanent solution and will remain the same even with weight fluctuations whereas a BBL, the results will be affected with weight fluctuation and about 30-40% of transferred fat may not survive. Best of luck in your endeavors. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Buttock augmentation can be achieved with either an implant or fat. A BBL is performed using fat transfer which leads to a  more natural result, can be individualized and is associated with less complications. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with lots of experience performing BBL surgery. 

George Lefkovits, MD

Photos for better advices .

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

All depends in what results the patient want. 

I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advice you need and want. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Buttock augmentation

Buttock augmentation can be performed with implants or fat transfer.  The best and most favored option currently is probably autologous fat transfer.  Costs vary from surgeon to surgeon and generally by the time and areas to be worked on.  I recommend you seek consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Buttock augmentation

Buttock augmentation can be performed with fat grafting or implants.   The fee will vary from surgeon to surgeon.

BBL and fat transfer a pretty much the same thing. Buttock augmentation can include a BBL/fat transfer or buttock/gluteal implants. Cost depends on many factors so an in person consultation is best. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS