Would 14 days off for a BBL be enough?

Would 14 days off for a BBL be enough!? I am an educator and will be getting 14 days off for my BBL but I'm just not sure if that'll be enough. Any suggestions? Comments?

Time off for a BBL

That is more than enough.  My patients usually return to work within a week.  If you are having other types of surgeries at the same time, you may need more. Just depends on what those surgeries are.

hope that helps and best wishes!

Dr Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx

BBL recovery time

Thank you for your question. Typically recovery from liposuction and the Brazilian butt lift is usually one to two weeks. During this period patients may notice bruising and tenderness in the areas where liposuction was performed. Most of my patients are able to return to work one week after the procedure. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD

BBL

It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. It should be fine to return to work after two weeks as long as you can refrain from sitting directly on your buttocks for long durations during the first week that you are back. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work, I recommend purchasing a BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Would 14 days off for a BBL be enough?

Fourteen days should be sufficient for recovery after a BBL. Always important to get the all clear from your surgeon for returning back to work. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Time off after bbl

I think 1-2 weeks is certainly adequate time off after most fat transfer procedures, as long as postoperative instructions can be complied with.  I advise my patients they may return to light duty as soon as they feel able to do so.  In cases of more extensive liposuction, you are advised to discuss with your surgeon first.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Time off after BBL

Yes, 2 weeks should be more than enough.  I usually tell patients one week, mostly for their own comfort.  The main thing postop is just to try not to sit on your bottom or put pressure on it for a good 4 weeks while the transferred fat is healing in.  If you're up on your feet at work, then you should be fine.  I usually have my patients wear a compression garment postop for at least 2 weeks as well.

Time off after BBL

Hi, Thanks for your question. 

2 weeks off of work after a BBL is very reasonable. This is what I typically recommend to my patients, though some return to light duty or half days after a week. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Would 14 days off for a BBL be enough?

14 days should be enough time to recover from BBL and go back to work but try to avoid heavy lifting and vigorous exercise. Follow your surgeon's post op instructions.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Time off for BBL

In our practice most patients are back to work anywhere from 7-14 days after surgery depending on what they do.  Review your question specifically with your surgeon as he/she will know best.  Best wishes.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon