What's causing my extremely swollen hands and arms after BBL and breast implant surgery? (Photo)

I am eight days post BBL and breast implant surgery, and ever since, my hands and arms are extremely swollen. I have general swelling throughout my body due to surgery however i'm confused as to why my hands have swollen so much. Could this be caused by blood having been drawn from and IV having been entered into my hands and wrists?

Please Follow up with your surgeon. Swollen can occur but sometimes

Best of luck!!!

Severe extremity swelling after BBL

Without knowing how much fluid you were given at the time of surgery, or the details of how much fat was removed and re injected, it is hard to give any opinion. Please show your surgeon in person your swelling. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

What's causing my extremely swollen hands and arms after BBL and breast implant surgery?

Sometimes generalized swelling can occur, but it is always a good idea to get your guidance from your surgeon.

Swollen hands

it is a but unusual to develop hand swelling like this after your surgery. Best to check in with your surgeon.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon