Is there a way to fix my uneven nasolabial folds? (Photos)

18 years old. I have always hated my nasolabial folds. In the mirror I can not notice it but when I see pictures of myself it looks terrible. My right cheek has always been bigger too. Is there a way to make my cheeks and nasolabial more symmetrical that is permanent? Or would the use of fillers make them become more even overtime? Thanks.

Permanent treatment

It is possible to improve the cheeks prominently with cheek implants however it is not recommended in person that is very young.  If it continues to change in the implant will not change and down the road that can look asymmetric.

It is important to realize that a small amount of asymmetry is perfectly acceptable and does not take with the beauty of the face.  New

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question.

You have a pretty face and a pretty smile. As my colleagues have indicated, your degree of perceived asymmetry is entirely within normal limits, and no human being is perfectly symmetrical. Facial asymmetry is more the rule than the exception, and our own brains are programmed to accept slight asymmetry in each other. We also see asymmetry often in the rest of the body including hands, feet, breasts, etc. 

At your young age it is important to not over scrutinize and assume that others are seeing what you are seeing. I can assure you they do not. I would strongly urge you to avoid fillers. There is no such indication in your case based on your photos, and be wary of any practitioner willing to treat you. Spend your money elsewhere. Best of luck. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Sister faces

Before you are born, the two sides of the face develop more like sisters than twins.  If you look long and hard enough, everyone has differences between the two sides of their face. You can add some filler to inflate one side a bit more and help it to match, but I would not recommend surgery.

Best of Luck

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric NL folds

I would not recommend doing anything to the nasolabial folds. Learn to accept that no one is perfect and, probably only you, take notice of the minor imperfection.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial folds

Everyone has asymmetry to their face and to their nasolabial folds.  Sometimes fillers can be used to soften it.

Uneven nasolabial folds

Everyone has some asymmetry between their two sides. Not only is this normal, it is part of what makes us all unique. If you would like to see some changes the BEST part about fillers for you would be for them to NOT BE PERMANENT. As time goes on your features and perceptions will change and you will be glad that you did not do anything permanent.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

beachybreeze, stop being so critical of yourself; everyone is asymmetric to a degree. I suppose you could consider fillers but if anyone wants to do something more "permanent" run the other way! Always deal with facial specialists; search the Internet. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon