How To Fix Asymmetrical Nose (large Soft Tissue Triangle)? (photos)

my concern is my right nostril (nostril on the left side in the picture). it connects so high up on my nose rather than connecting lower like the opposite nostril. gives a very asymmetrical piggy effect. You can see the dent it causes from the side view, it makes the soft tissue triangle huge and deep. How to fix it and also whats the proper term for this, what is the name for that part of the nostril that you can see slants and connects so high to the nose bridge? whats the specific cartilage?

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Large, Depresssed Soft Tissue Triangle

I am assuming that you've not had previous surgery or nasal trauma which has caused scarring at the nostril rim. This depressed area of the soft tissue triangle can be augmented probably with soft tissue or crushed cartilage but this would be determined after an examination. 

Soft tissue triangle

Thank you for the question and as others have suggested the area you are concerned about can be filled with fascia or crushed cartilage.  So see some experts in your area and compare recommendations

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty to augment the soft-tissue triangle

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish building out the soft-tissue triangle with a morselized cartilage graft harvested from inside the nose.

Soft tissue Triangle

Thanks for your question. The soft tissue triangle or facet is the region of the nose where the tip meets the ala. In your case that groove is too deep. This can be corrected by adding additional volume to this area. The best option is to place cartilage in this area to help give the facet a more normal contour. You could also try filler in this area as a non-surgical option, although I believe this is more risky with less predictable results.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filling the soft tissue triangle.

Filling the soft tissue triangle with soft tissue or crushed cartilage will create better symmetry. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for this.