How do I fix lip discoloration? (photo)

The skin above my upper lip is darker than the rest of my face. I also have a white line outlining my lower lip. My lips have lost color and are kind of grey. How do I fix it?? Please help!

How do I fix lip discoloration?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  The darkening of the skin to the upper lip is best treated with topical regimen incorporating lightening creams such as hydroquinone.  The discoloration of your lips can be improved with some thin filler placement, such as Volbella, but the areas that are of lightest color would best be treated with medical tattooing of darker pigment.  Hope this helps.

Discoloration about lip

The discoloration above the lip can be helped with bleaching creams and chemical peels.  The color on the lip itself can be treated with tattooing the discolored area.  Please consult a specialist.  Best, Dr. Green

Fixing the Lips--lasers, peels, skincare

A combination of lasers, peels, skincare possible medical tattooing can help but will need a series of long term treatments for best results. Also fillers like Restylane Silk or Belotero can help as well to slightly plump the skin and make it look more pink. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lips color change

An option for lip discolorations is "permanent makeup"  this is a form of tattooing.  There are different techniques and you should go to a person who has a lot of experience.  Many times you can find permanent makeup artists in plastic surgery offices.  Do your homework!  Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD