Left side of mouth drooping, seems to be getting worse? (Photos)

The left side of my mouth is lower than the right. It became noticeable in photos a few years ago (I go back and look at pictures before that and while it was slightly lower earlier it wasn't as noticeable). It seems to be getting worse, to the extent that it sometimes looks like the left side of the mouth has collapsed. I've tried chewing more on the left, thinking that maybe the muscles were less developed than on the right, but it hasn't helped. Can anything be done to reverse this? Thanks.

Left Side Of Mouth Drooping, Seems To Be Getting Worse?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  Based on your photos, the use of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm could nicely address your concerns.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Improving left mouth droop

This is usually improved using dermal fillers. They can be placed in the corner of the lip to support it. Also, Botox can used to relax the muscle that pulls it down, the DAO. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Facial Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, ultherapy, botox --- surgical lip corner lift is option

I suggest a formal consultation with an expert who specializes in facial rejuvenation. This can be improved with a combination of Botox and/or fillers, lasers, and skin tightening treatments like ultherapy. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Left side of mouth drooping, seems to be getting worse?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower and appears to be getting thinner which can be expected as we age. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for sharng your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination I would recommend careful placement of dermal fillers into the left side of your face.  Add fillers to your cheeks to help add volume, elevate tissues and reduce the appearance of your smile lines, while additional fillers into your lips will add volume to help pmask some of the downward cant of that side.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best treatment recommendation.  Hope this helps.