My body rejects piercings, should I get lip injections?

Hello! So my body tends to reject piercings (especially belly button) no matter what type of metal i use. I know it might be a little silly to ask if it would be safe for me to get lip injections since they have nothing to do with piercings, but i was curious since juvaderm is a foreign substance going in your body as well. Thank you!

My Body Rejects Piercings, Should I Get Lip Injections?

Thank you for your question.  Juvederm is an excellent product made from hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance found in the body.  Once injected, the product will incorporate with the surrounding tissues and be slowly metabolized by your body, with results lasting for up to one year.  You should be just fine to proceed with lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Lip fillers and Piercings

Yes, you should be able to have lip fillers and should not have a problem. You should confirm from a board certified dermatologist why you are having problems with your piercings  - if you are having an allergy to nickel or other similar problem.  Please consult an expert in lip augmentation for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

No relationship.

I understand your concerns about the reactions to metal but dermal fillers are safe and tested. HA fillers are made from naturally occurring substances. You should have a consultation with an experienced and certified injector. Best, Dr. ALDO 

Aldo Guerra, MD

Juvederm is created from a naturally occurring substance found in several of the tissues of our body - hyaluronic acid.  As a result it is extremely unlikely that you will have any negative effects from use of dermal fillers.  Hope this helps.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Piercings and lip injections

It is unlikely that an allergy or sensitivity to metal piercings will affect you being able to get lip injections. For first-timers, it is better to start with a conservative amount of filler to see how you react. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Perfecting the Pout--Lip Augmentation that Works, Fillers (Perlane, Voluma), Implants, Fat

You shouldn't have a problem getting lip filler injections. I recommend seeing an expert for a formal evaluation. These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

I reject piercings, is lip filler ok?

There is no correlation between these 2 and it is perfectly fine to get lip fillers. I have never seen an allergy or rejection of lip fillers.

Steven F. Weiner, MD