I have a really droopy left bottom lip. What can I do for it? (Photo)

The bottom left side of my lips droop a lot. I don't know if it is considered drooping, but it is significantly larger. Also important, I was born with a cleft lip, but I had surgery on it. It was cleft on the right side of my face. The droopy part kinda overlays my upper lips a bit.

I have a really droopy left bottom lip. What can I do for it?

Thank you for sharing your question.  This subtle irregularity is the result of your cleft lip and subsequent repair, and can be improved upon with the conservative resection of red tissue.   See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your options.  Best wishes. 

Hello Taylor44221 - Thanks for your question. This is most likely related to your history of cleft lip. Careful use of injectable filler in your lips can help balance off your lip shape and position. I would recommend that you work with a specialist in injectables for the best results. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Left lip droops more than right

This is still probably related to the cleft. However, filler can be used to "prop up" the left corner and make the lips more symmetric. Also, Botox can be used in the DAO to help this as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Reduction

Taylor.   Physical exam would be optimal but it appears that you have modest asymmetry, linked to the cleft lip, magnified by the fact that your lips are somewhat large. You may benefit from a conservative upper and lower lip reduction. Check out the link below to an article i wrote on the subject, it may be helpful. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Drooping lip on one side

Thank you for asking about your upper lip.

• The 'drooping' is probably a side-effect of your childhood cleft lip repair.
  • You may just need a slight trim of excess tissue which can be done with local anesthesia in the office.
  • But if it near the lip scar, it may be a bit more complicated.
  • I suggest you see a plastic surgeon familiar with cleft lip repairs and adult cleft lip revisions and discuss what should be done.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS