Can hair transplantation be done on this small area of the beard? (photos)

I have a scar on my left cheek and as a result I have a very small bald spot in my beard. I'm planning on having scar revision done on this scar and after that I'm considering hair transplantation into the small gap. So I would like to know a few things. How does this procedure work? Are scars left behind due to the hair transplantation? Are results permanent? If I grow my beard long enough it usually covers the scar and the patch anyway but it is still annoying. Also, what would the price be?

Beard transplant

Hairs are often placed in scars or the face.  The price for small areas like this are generally not priced per graft in our office.  We would have to see you to determine costs.

Can hair transplantation be done on this small area of the beard?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo the price will all depend on the choice of Doctor and country which you will choose for your surgery, am sure the other surgeons have explained already about the method used.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant to add facial hair is relatively a common procedure. The cost will depend on the surgeon and the type of harves

Hair transplant to add facial hair is relatively a common procedure. The cost will depend on the surgeon and the type of harvesting method.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard scar

This can be transplanted of you can treat it with scalp micropigmentatin very effectively.  Cost are dependent upon your local doctors

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplanting into beard scar

Your situation is a very favorable one for a transplant and you can expect to have an excellent result. That said, I think it would make sense to wait several months after your scar revision to see if you still feel it is necessary. The procedure would most likely be done using genetically permanent follicles from the "donor area" of the scalp, either by means of a very small linear incision and removal of a narrow strip of scalp tissue to obtain the donor follicles ("FUT", or strip method) or via the "FUE" method (drilling out individual follicles). Each has its pros and cons, so find a surgeon who is comfortable with both techniques and let him or her advise you. Transplanting into the "recipient area" (in your case, the skin where your beard grows) almost never leaves any visible scars. In the donor area, there will either be a single, small linear scar or many small circular scars; the former might be detectable if you wear your hair very short (< 1 cm), but this would be much less likely with FUE surgery. Cost varies considerably from clinic to clinic. Most surgeons have a minimum fee for the day; since your procedure would be a very small one, it would most likely fall under that minimum fee. But don't make a decision based solely on price, because bargain hunting is never going to get you the best doctor. 

I hope this has been helpful--
Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon