Can I have a FUE hair transplant whilst on dialysis? Can I have one after a kidney transplant? Or is it a bad idea?

Can I have a FUE hair transplant whilst on dialysis? Can I have one after a kidney transplant?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. you will need to ask your GP for advise as it could be risky to have Hair transplant due to your medical condition. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

You need to see a doctor first with a proper examination. Your doctor will give you a recommendation based on your health.

You need to see a doctor first with a proper examination.  Your doctor will give you a recommendation based on your examination.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Weighing the risks

Your kidneys and dialysis are life-threatening and essential.  Hair  is not nearly as essential and hair replacement surgery is elective.  Plus, you want to make sure your blood clots properly and you can fend off an infection - so wait until the rest of your health is stable.  Hair is not worth the risk!Good luck!

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

Haior transplants shile on dialysis

This is a matter of your health and infection risks. You must speak with your physician first, then coordinate the question with a skilled and knowledgeable hair transplant surgeon to get an answer

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Having hair transplant while on dialysis

if you are on dialysis, generally it is not a good idea . you need to get a clearance from your doctor before doing any kind of surgery anyways. If your doctor feels it is not to your benefit in your condition then it is not a good idea. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon