Had a BA consultation! Would 245cc be too big? (Photo)

My surgeon has said silicon under muscle teadrop implants would suit my frame. He's said 245cc would be the best size I'm worried this is goin to be to big ??? Can anyone tell me what the size below is ? I want the most natural squishy boobs possibly !! I've also been told teardrop is better and creates a more natural Breast is this rite ?

Breast implant sizing

Thank you for posting your question and photos.
It is not possible to make absolute recommendations for breast implant sizing without a thorough examination and measurements. You are very slight and have little native breast tissue. I would definitely recommend submuscular placement of implants and choose implants that are modest in volume. Shaped implants are firmer, in general, than round implants-so you may ask to feel the actual gel to get an idea of how "squishy" they are.

Had a BA consultation! Would 245cc be too big?

Hard to answer this question without specific breast measurements AND an in person exam. Remember to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who actually takes the time to measure you and examine your breast pocket. Remember that sizers will only give you a rough estimate. Also, pictures of other patients are irrelevant because every woman's breast pocket is different and unique. The goal of breast augmentation is to optimally fill your breast pocket, not to overstuff or understuff it. At my practice, we utilize a series of 5 breast measurements that help me determine the implant size, which in turn helps me deliver a 24 hour recovery. Do your research and choose a surgeon who takes the time to sit down with you and discuss your goals/expectations to determine the best size for you. In general, moderate profile gives you a more natural look while high profile give you the rounded, shelf push up bra look. Good luck!!

Had A BA Consultation! Would 245 CC Be Too Big?

It is difficult to offer any advise regarding size of the implants without examining you. You may want to try some sizers in your plastic surgeon office to get an idea of what size would be appropriate for you. 240 CC seems to be a good size but your plastic surgeon can discuss with you once you have tried the different sizers. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant should determined by your breast and chest wall measurements.  Without examining you in person, 245cc seems like a reasonable choice, but only an in-person examination can provide the best advice.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

For my petite patients, we are usually looking at implants that are less than 250cc's. So I think you are in good hands. The correct implant for you is based on your breast dimensions, especially breast width. You don't want an implant that is wider than your breast for a natural appearance. Since you have very little natural breast tissue, I would also suggest silicone, and placing the implant behind the muscle for a more natural feel. Good luck!

Would 245cc be too big?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on the desire to pursue surgery. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what each size would look like.  Hope this helps.

A 3D virtual reality consult will solve your problem

Your question is very common and it is so important to get the right size and shape of implant. I now use 3D scanning and virtual reality goggles to allow my patients to preview their result and this really helps them to make the right choice. 

It it is essential that you also see an experienced surgeon too as computers don't know everything. 

Best at wishes for a successful outcome 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

If you are uncertain about your size return to your surgeon and have them re size you. The width of your breasts, the amount and character of your breast tissue, and your aesthetic ideal all figure into your choice.

Thank you for the question. I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery, assuming you choose your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well.

These days there are a variety of breast implants available; the variety of breast implant available raise a lot of questions from women considering breast augmentation surgery. Personally, I think that for most patients considering breast augmentation surgery, careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals, far outweigh the specific type of breast implant utilized (when it comes to the success of the breast augmentation procedure).

Anatomical breast implants were designed to better simulate the natural breast shape; the problem with these implants is that if they shift or rotate, the entire breast will change shape as well. This change in breast shape may require further surgery to correct. Round implants, under the hand, can shift or rotate without changing the shape of the breasts. Overall, I find that beautiful outcomes can be achieved with the use of round saline or silicone gel breast implants for the vast majority of patients.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for patients with petite frames) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.