One boob more swollen and harder than other (Photo)

I had my BA on July 1st (3days ago) and my right breast is more swollen than the left. My left breast is much softer to the touch than the right as well. Will they even out once swelling goes down? Is it normal for just one breast to swell?

Questionable

It is difficult to say whether you are having a problem based on the photo. Maybe a few other views would give me a better idea as well as the preoperative photo. I suggest you go back to your plastic surgeon and ask. 

Different Breasts

You are still very early into your recovery. Your breast will continue to change feeling and shape over the next couple of months. It is very common for them to change at different speeds, so do not worry too much at this point. keep your follow up appointments with your physician and follow all his/her instructions. Best of Luck.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation result

At three days I rarely see two breasts that ae identical. The sides have different swelling and different muscle tension or spasm. They will slowly relax and settle over the next several days to a few weeks. Follow with your surgeon. Good luck.

One boob more swollen and harder than other

Thank you for your photo, it is a pleasure to answer your question. At 3 days post op you are very early of your recovery from breast augmentation surgery. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Yes, remember that no two breasts ever look the same or heal at the same rate. Once the swelling resolves, the breasts will soften and your implants will drop and settle some. If you are still worried, best to always check in with your operating surgeon. Good luck!

One breast more swollen than the other

Thanks for you inquiry. Yes it is normal. Following breast augmentation surgery, sometime patients experience more swelling and firmness on one side more than the other. This should even out over time. Follow up with your surgeon and make sure he is aware of the situation so you are monitored for proper healing and recovery. Regards,

Breast swelling and hardness

In the initial period after surgery, it is very common to have swelling and firmness. This takes about 3-6 months to go away, and should even out over time. If there is a change in only one breast with more swelling or firmness, there may be bleeding, so you may want to contact your surgeon and let him or her know what you are experiencing. Best of luck!

One breast more swollen and harder than other

Thank you for your question. It is normal for the breasts not to settle for a few weeks after surgery therefore some minor degree of un-eveness in terms of consistency is expected.
However a sudden increase in size, pain and bruising on one side can also be a size of bleeding.
Best advice is to contact your surgeon.

All the best

Andrea Marando
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon