What are the side view options for breast implants? (photos)
Doctor Answers 13
Clearly convey your goals with your plastic surgeon to get the results you desire.
Breast Augmentation Questions
You need to have a few consultations with ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons to understand the risks, benefits, and limitations of breast augmentation and breast implants.
Best of luck!
Breast implants are not light weight
Thank you for your question and helpful photos.
I'm afraid breast implant manufacturers have yet to figure out how to make them lighter in weight. As you may already know, breast implants are heavy and do become displaced after time in the body. I have found that implants stay in place longer when they are small and completely behind the muscle for support. Once the muscle is cut (dual plane technique) or they are placed above the muscle, implants have a tendency to displace laterally which causes 'the unnatural looking gap in the middle'. Ripples are usually common in women who are extremely thin or have no natural breast tissue to cover the implant.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards,
You might also like...
It looks like you will likely get a great result from breast augmentation. I think you would benefit from a breast augmentation with a dual plane technique with the Natrelle or Inspira silicone gel implants. In my dual plane technique, generally the upper 2/3 of your implant is under the muscle but lower third of your implant is above the muscle. I believe this helps to achieve a natural tear-drop shaped breast in many different body types.
In terms of picking the right implants to achieve your goals, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.
What are the side view options for breast implants?
Side boob options with a BA
Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.
Hope that helps and best wishes!
ABPS Board Certified
The implants you want don't exist
Try Gummy Bear Implants
What are the side view options for breast implants?
- Thank you for the question. I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery, assuming you choose your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well.
- Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
- Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
- 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
- 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
- In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural looking” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
- Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
- 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
- I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.