Alarplasty suitability and tip reduction opinions in UK please? (photo)

In your professional opinion am I best suited to an alarplasty? Especially considering the further implications of a rhinoplasty, I think an open rhino may be over the top. I am most concerned with my flaring nostrils and could live without the slight tip reduction that I've been told would be ideal. If I was to go for tip deduction alongside an alarplasty, wouldn't a closed op be better over an open op? Many thanks for your input.

Tip plasty with ala plasty

Dear Tom,

youvwill definatly benifit with alar plasty

i will suggest to go with tip plasty also  as  narrowed alae   without narrowing tip will not give so good result.

one can do tip reduction by open method or close method it depends on surgeons comfort level

best of luck

Dr Milan Doshi

India Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Alarplasty

This is a highly complex question that needs assessment by seeing an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon in person. 

Yes the closed approach is better in my opinion and in my hands. However many surgeons would use the open approach with good effect. 

Rajan Uppal, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon