Abt how many cc's is there in one cup size for someone my size? - 750cc's? (photos)

Hi. On my last meeting with a surgeon i was told i would need abt 750cc's/800. Im currently a 38b. 5'7 tall and 190 lbs. Broad shoulders. Abt how many cc's is there in one cup size for someone my size? Hoping to be at least 38DD. Also wondering what profile i should go for, and if i should have different sizes to correct them. Thanks:)

CCs and cup sizes are not interchangeable

Thank you for your question!

I appreciate that you know what size you are hoping for, but please note that the size of the implant has to be tailored to your breast characteristics and measurements (i.e., breast base width, amount of skin stretch, soft-tissue coverage, nipple to inframammary fold distance, etc.). Without this, you will set yourself up for negative consequences in the long-term and fake looking breasts. So I will assume that there is a lot of skin stretch in your breasts which may allow implants sized 800 ccs.
With regards to your question, please note that bra sizes clearly vary among manufacturers. A B cup may be a C for another, and unfortunately, the concept of sister sizers, and different techniques of breast measurements make it difficult to associate the implant volume with the bra-cup size.
However, a study by Dr. Bengtson and Dr. Glicksman titled “Standardization of Bra Cup Measurements” has shown that the average implant volume required to increase the cup-size by 1 size is equal to 205 ccs. (for the avg sized person)  Since you would like to go up by 3 full sizes, you will require 615 cc according this study assuming you are considering bras of the same style and from the same manufacturer.
With regards to the profile, this also needs to be determined after breast measurements. The profile pretty much tells you how much the implant sticks out in the forward direction.
Low profile implants have wider diameter and the lowest projection
Moderate profile implants have less projection because of their wider diameter
High profile implants are narrower at the base and consequently have more projection
If you would prefer a more projecting breast rather than a more "natural" looking breast, then you may prefer a high profile implant which has a narrower base and a more ball-like shape that can provide fullness in the upper pole of your breasts.
Hope this helps.

About how many cc’s is there in one cup size for someone my size, 750 cc?

Thank you very much for your question and your photographs. It is very difficult to answer your question given the photographs included. It is important to realize that bra cup sizes are relative and differ by manufacturer. A C cup at Victoria’s Secret is typically closer to a B cup at Nordstrom’s or Macy’s. It is truly impossible to state that a certain size implant will increase an individual’s bra cup size by a certain amount. I recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you for your question and photo. There are #measurements that are a major deciding #factor on how large of an implant you can receive. I suggest that you take some pictures of breasts that reflect your #desire and discuss your concerns with your #BoardCertifiedPLasticSurgeon. They will do a #FacetoFace evaluation, take measurement of your breast base width to determine what size implant will be best for your body. Your PS will discuss how he can best meet your needs. Best wishes!

Breast Implant Size Choice

Thank you for your question and photos. Only guesses regarding cupsize are possible unfortunately. With a wider ribcage and bra band, typically, larger volumes are required to achieve the same cup "letter".  Your Implants should be selected based on your breast base widths and 800 would be the largest possible for silicone cohesive gel.

I recommend that you share your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon and let them advise you.

All the best

What size implants?

In my experience, once you are at very large implants where most of the combined volume of breast is same, rarely is it necessary to use different sizes.
How to Pick the Right Size and Shape of Breast Implants One of the more frequent questions I'm asked as an aesthetic plastic surgeon for patients considering breast implants is "how do I know what size, and shape I need?” The answer to this question has changed dramatically throughout the 25 years that I've been doing breast augmentation. I've also learned that the words that patients used to describe either what they want or don't want can be completely misleading into what I interpret their meaning to be. Therefore, I like to request that our patients considering breast augmentation bring in photos of both what they think they like and what they don't like. There seems to be a multitude of sources on the Internet where these photos can be downloaded. By looking at the patient's desires, I get a better understanding of what they want. We no longer recommend that we place the exact implant on top of the existing breasts and then place a stretchy bra over it to give us any idea what that exact same implant under the muscle would produce in size. That method, in my opinion, will always over represent what the actual result will be. If you are going to use a sizing type method, then Mentor makes a shell sizing system such that, when the shell size corresponding to the implant that it represents is placed over the existing breast and in a bra, it will better represent what that size implant under the breast and muscle will look like. We've also used 3-D imaging called Vectra® since its inception some 6 to 7 years ago. With this method, a three-dimensional photograph of the actual patient is taken and can be seen on a large screen television by both the physician and perspective breast augmentation patient at the same time. We then can place all of the different implants that are available under that image and decide what size, shape, fill ratio, and height to base width relationships will look best for each patient. Silicone gel breast implants come basically into shapes either round or shaped. They also come with either a textured or smooth surface. In my mind, there are advantages and disadvantages of every scenario and combination of those choices. Most of the time a round smooth implant placed under the muscle works very well for breast augmentation patients. It's then very simple to just look at size and ratio projection to base width and select the perfect implant for that patients shape and desire. Sometimes we would like to use a textured surface implant. Here the advantages are that the textured surface implants tend to migrate less in the pocket, as there is some frictional resistance to motion. Another advantage of textured implants is that the capsular contracture rate, especially when implants put above the muscle, is less than for smooth wall implants. Shaped implants, because we do not want them to turn in the pocket, are always textured. My planning method to optimize the best implant for each patient is begun with a measurement of the base width of the breast. We would then like to subtract about a centimeter and a half total off of that number so as to have coverage of breast tissue over the implant. We then will have a range of implants whose base width matches that number. If we go larger than that number, which sometimes patients will want, we as plastic surgeons know that these larger implants can have more problems down the line. For instance, larger implants may migrate below the crease which one has to lower at the time of surgery in order to get the implant in. When these implants migrate below the natural crease, they can create a second crease in what we call a "double bubble". Large implants can also; because of the pressure they put on the overlying breast tissue, thin that tissue out such that there is less overlying breast tissue over the implant as time passes. After we have the base width, our next decision needs to be what is the ratio of the base width to the projection of the implant. Essentially, there are usually four choices ranging from fairly flat which is called low-profile, to progressively more height and less width with the same volume of silicone gel, which is called ultrahigh profile. There are two profiles in between which are the ones more commonly used and these are called moderate profile and moderate profile plus. Common scenarios in which taller implants would be desired may be in patients who want a larger look than their natural base with would allow or have a fair amount of loose overlying skin that were trying to hold up. For patients who want a more natural look, a moderate profile or moderate profile plus shape is more desirable. There are also anatomically shaped implants. Rather than being around these implants can either be taller than they are wide or wider than they are tall. There are good reasons in patients to use either. For instance, in the patient's with very widely spaced breasts and a large breastbone, a shaped implant that's wider than it is tall can help hide that a little bit. Another example of the patient in who a shaped implant would be best, is that patient with laxity after childbirth or weight loss. When the nipple is just at the level of the inframammary crease, we can sometimes get away with a tall implant that is anatomically shaped such that the nipple when is it at the lower two thirds of the breast mound created by the implant still looks good and natural and may obviate the need for a breast lift. By spending some time, long before the operation takes place, using the Vectra® 3-D imaging method, we can decide what type, shape, and ratio of width to height would best serve the patient's needs. We can then avoid what is sometimes done which is the placement of sizers at the time of surgery. These sizers, in my opinion, have a few negative implications. One is that there is a cost inherent in using them and usually multiple ones are needed to make a decision as to which implant would look best. I also believe that placing sizers in and out of the breast pocket can be traumatic to that pocket and can cause bleeding. For me, the state-of-the-art in today's breast augmentation is to decide long before the operation exactly which implant would look best using computer animation. A new wrinkle into the choice of breast implants is that breast implants now come with silicone gel that is filled to a higher volume in the shell where it is placed. This will allow for a round smooth implant, for instance to collapse less in the upright position mimicking more of the look of the shaped implant. When patients show me a photo of a very rounded upper part her breast, I would likely choose one of these higher volumes implants such as the Natrelle Inspira® silicone gel breast implant. Often times patients will present with breasts that are of different sizes. One of the options to correct this is to use breast implants of different sizes in order to best create symmetry. One of the newer methods to help in symmetry creation is to do what we call a hybrid breast augmentation. In the hybrid breast augmentation, the patient who has asymmetry of the breast to begin can have matching silicone gel implants placed and the overlying breast tissue can be made to look the same in volume and shape by using fat grafting. In that way, no matter what the change in weight of the patient is over time, the breast is more likely to have the same or similar size. When it comes to symmetry, I like to tell our patients that they should consider their breasts to be sisters that live across the railroad tracks from each other rather than twins. With proper preoperative planning and flawless execution of breast augmentation, this can be one of the most satisfying aesthetic plastic surgery outcomes for both patients and physicians.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

How many cc's is there in one cup size for someone my size? - 750cc's?

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. In other words, I do not think that the generalizations of "150 cc or 200 cc equates to 1 cup" hold any validity or is helpful in any specific way. There are simply too many variables such as a specific patient's dimensions and the variability in bra manufacturer's cup sizes… 

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Abt how many cc's is there in one cup size for someone my size? - 750cc's?

It is impossible to accurately predict cc per cup size.  A very rough estimate is that 150-200 cc of breast implant may increase you by one cup size and the same style and manufacture of bra that she currently wear. You are considering extremely large breast implants and implant size should be chosen based on the base width of your breasts.  To learn more please read below: