Is mild hiking safe 3-4 weeks after breast augmentation?

Can I hike 3-4 weeks after a breast augmentation?

Hello and thank you for your question.

I would always defer to your surgeon's post-op instructions, however, in my practice, I am comfortable with patients easing back into a work-out routine at 3 weeks post op. Listen to your body. If anything hurts, stop. You will also likely tire more easily than you did before surgery, so make sure to take breaks when necessary. Now is not the time to really push yourself.

Dr. Vath

Hiking following Breast Augmentation

Thank you for this great question! Mild hiking at 3-4 weeks post-operative from a standard breast augmentation is perfectly fine. I typically will have my patients easing back into their regular exercise routine around 4 weeks post-operative with the understanding that with increased activity you may experience increased swelling. I encourage you to follow up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as his/her post-surgical preferences may vary. I hope you have found this information helpful and enjoy! 

Patrick Viscardi, MD
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Hiking 3-4 weeks after breast augmentation - is it safe?

An easy hike would be fine 3-4 weeks after a typical breast augmentation. It may be wise to avoid carrying a pack and to avoid using your arms for any climbing.

Your plastic surgeon is the only who really knows the details of your procedure and your requirements for a safe recovery and so it's best to direct these questions to that individual.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Hiking after breast augmentation

Gentle hiking should be fine after 3-4 weeks post breast augmentation.  In general, activity that just uses the lower body should be fine one week or earlier after breast augmentation.

Shim Ching, MD

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Activity

I typically advise my BBA patients that they can do cardio activity and lower body workouts at 3 weeks post op. I ask them to avoid strenuous upper body work until 6 weeks post. I recommend that you check with your Plastic Surgeon for their preferences.

All the best

Yes, 'mild hiking' should be safe 3-4 weeks after breast augmentation? I usually allow patients to start light exercise ~2 weeks after, so as long as you're not rock climbing or doing the 'Stairway to Heaven', you should be ok. Best to see your Dr before you go, just to be sure.
Mahalo, Dr D

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Is hiking safe?

Hello, thank you for your recent question !  Going for a mild hike is ok 3-4 weeks post op.  I have my patients return to little aerobic activities after 3 weeks with the exception of chest exercises for the next 3 months.  Best of luck and enjoy your hike!