Tear trough filler: How Long For Bruising To Resolve? (photo)

I had tear trough filler on October 24th by an experienced plastic surgeon. I still have slight bruising under both eyes. How long will it take to resolve? Thank you

Tear trough bruising

Bruising usually, when it happens, only should last 1-2 weeks. If the discoloration that resembles a bruise and persists longer, it can represent something called Tindel Effect which is when the filler is placed too superficially and shows a bluish hue through the skin. I would recommend returning to your physician to determine if there is too much filler too close to the skin - at which the physician can dissolve a small amount with Hyaluronidase. Additionally, I recommend using only Restylane for under eye filler; using other products while excellent in different places it typically causes more problems in the under eyes - at least this is my experience in over 1000 under eye filler procedures. I hope this helps, and best of luck!

Tear trough bruising

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tindel effect

Taking in consideration that you had your fillers back in October and you posted your questions recently, this has to be tindel effect which is caused by not injecting fillers deep enough. Bruising after fillers goes away within 2 weeks. I advise you to have a follow up appointment with your provider to address this issue. Good luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Tindel effect

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Tear troughs

Bruising should only last 1-2 weeks. I would recommend following up with your injector for a recheck and consideration of hyaluronidase to dissolve some of the filler.

Tear troughs

Bruising underneath eyes

Since it has been over 2 months, it is unlikely that the bruising will go away any time soon.  What normally happens is that bruising will resolve spontaneously after 1-2 weeks.  However, in certain situations where a patient has poor drainage/circulation or if the bruise is quite extensive then the bruising does not quite clear. At this point, the bruise leaves a deposit in the tissue.  This deposit known as hemosiderin unfortunately has a certain discoloration and virtually hangs out.  Once you reach this point,you will have to break it up.  An IPL laser does a great job in breaking up the hemosiderin into smaller bits and pieces allowing the body to remove it.  You may need more than 1 treatment but it will eventually disappear.

Bruising underneath eyes

Bruising and Tear Trough Fillers

Like any bruise it can take time for it to resolve.  In general about a week.  You can hasten its disappearance by having the V-Beam laser for a bruise and taking Arnica.  Restylane and Belotero are two great under eye fillers.  Best, Dr. Green

Bruising and Tear Trough Fillers