Can a person be put under for elective mommy makeover surgery if they have a heart arrhythmia?

In not sure if it is the stress and excitement of seeing doctors and deciding on this surgery but the last day or so I have felt a flutter in my chest. Is it normal under anxiety for this to happen before surgery? Would it pose a problem for the anesthesiaologist or going through with surgery?

There are a great many types of arrhythmias. Some are benign and others quite serious. You need to be evaluated by a cardiologist. I doubt any plastic surgeon would perform surgery until you have been cleared by the cardiologist for the surgery in question. 

Given your concerns, you should be evaluated by your internist or cardiologist. Obtaining "medical clearance" will give you and your physicians peace of mind. Best wishes.

Cosmetic Surgery With a Heart Arrhythmia

Thank you for inquiring about having cosmetic surgery with a heart arrhythmia. Prior to having any surgery you will need medical clearance from a primary care physician. Clearance by a cardiologist would be recommended as well. It is recommended that the surgeon be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Hearts all a-flutter

The top priority before any type of surgery is safety - so even if the flutter you're feeling is simply a stress-induced series of palpitations, it merits further evaluation.  You may need to check in with your primary care doctor, get an EKG/ECG, or be seen by a cardiac specialist for other labs/tests.
Give your surgeon call to update him/her on what you're noticing - your surgeon and anesthesiologist need to know about these types of things in order to provide you with a safe surgery and recovery.  
Hope this helps, and take care,Dr. Lim

Angeline Lim, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon