How soon after mommy makeover can you do squats?

Had mommy makeover (abdominoplasty with muscle repair and mastopexy 3 weeks ago. Have been cleared to start walking and elliptical. How long until can do squats (no extra weight just body weight)? Thanks

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Squats after Mommy Makeover

I normally recommend for my patients to wait six weeks to return to normal #exercise activity after their #mommymakeover.  You want to give your body enough time in the #healing process before you start putting any strain on yourself.  
If you have more questions, contact your #boardcertified plastic surgeon.

Exercise After A Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It's great that you are feeling well after surgery and are ready to exercise. I recommend waiting 6 weeks for a strenuous workout including squats. Light cardio is fine after 3 weeks. As always you should discuss your restrictions with your surgeon. I recommend always using a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

How long until you can do squats following mommy makeover?

I ask that my patients wait 6 weeks before resuming vigorous activity.  Every PS has a different set of rules though, so you should direct this question to your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Exercising (squats) after mommy makeover

That's fantastic that you are feeling so great only 3 weeks after your mommy makeover!  Many of my patients are ready for some light activity/gentle cardio at 3-4 weeks after mommy makeover, like walking or elliptical (without straining on the hand grips).  As far as exercises that may strain the muscle repair - like squats or other weight training, I usually advise waiting at least 6-8 weeks.  Check in with your surgeon about his/her specific recommendations for returning to your regular workout routine.
Hope this helps, and take care, Dr. Lim

Angeline Lim, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your excellent question.  Because of the amount of core muscles that are activated during lower body exercises I would recommend waiting for at least six weeks from surgery before performing even body weight squats.  You would not want to stress your muscle repair until it was well-healed.  Hope this helps!

I would consult with your doctor first.  I let my patients return to full activities 6 weeks after their surgery.  I don't want my patients tightening their core too soon after surgery because of the increased risk of popping their internal sutures.  

Dr Derby

In general i can say that a patient can return to doing exercises 6-8 weeks after. It is always important to discuss this with your surgeon because he might have a different opinion. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover - Post Op Exercise

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. Most patients are cleared to exercise by six weeks following a mommy makeover.   it is best to have an in-person follow up examination with your plastic surgeon for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing at this time. Good luck in your recovery.