TT/BA surgery 06/28/16. I have had persisting dizziness, lightheadedness, fatigue, and shortness of breath for 2 weeks now.
Doctor Answers 4
Mommy make-over and still dizzy and short of breath
- You've had a big operation and you may just still be tired from surgery
- You should have your thyroid checked and your inner ear -
- Both could cause your symptoms
- Hang in there with your surgeon - s/he is doing everything right.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
2 weeks post-op
You might also like...
Anytime a patient has symptoms such as fatigue or dizziness after surgery we think of anemia of other chemical imbalances. After a thorough work-up for that and blood clots etc.,we have eliminated the most common and dangerous causes. The most common cause of postop fatigue is surgery itself. After surgery, especially bigger surgery like a mommy makeover, its common for a woman to feel fatigue for weeks or longer as the body devotes its energy to healing. For example, when my wife had her tummy tuck, she was back to work seeing patients at 2 weeks, but was wiped out when she came home. As long as the potentially dangerous causes are ruled out, then it is just time and patience until you feel better.