My liver enzymes came back elevated ALK Phosphates 119 AST 87, ALT 193. I'm 3 mo. post pardum fr delivery twins 4/22/16. Advice?

Can I get my surgery ?,, surgery date is Aug 2 ,2016 (full body lipo , BL & mini tt)I am 5'4 152 pounds ,, I already lost 15 pounds pregnancy weight from my twins... I am Getting my liver levels tested again in 5 days to see if my levels go down which would be a positive ,, I had reoccurring UTI while pregnancy and was on a lot of amoxicillin for about 6 weeks and A lot of Tylenol for headaches and after pregnancy I took tramadol for headaches and backaches , dr thinks it's medication related..

Elevated liver enzymes

Thanks for your inquiry and an important question.  No one on this site has all the details to your personal medical situation like your own doctors.  Some thoughts.  If you liver enzymes elevation is due to medications, it may take more time for them to normalize.   The risk is that the stress of surgery and the medications used for anesthesia can affect your liver as well.  Please decide carefully when to proceed with surgery, and good luck.  

Yes, you can develop what is called a chemical hepatitis from pain meds. You'll have to discuss this with a gastroenterologist and your plastic surgeon. No one on this site can speak to the safety of your surgery without a lot more information. personally I wouldn't want to do a TT on you anyway until you are at least 6 months postpartum. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Mommy make-over - 3 months after delivery with elevated liver enzymes

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • You absolutely cannot have your surgery if your liver enzymes are elevated -
  • It may be from the Tylenol. 
  • It is very early to have mommy-make over surgery after twins.
  • It takes 6 months for your body to recover from a baby - longer after twins.
  • Unless there is a compelling reason to have surgery right away, please reschedule it to six months after delivery.
  • I assume your surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. If not, you need to see one.
  • Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!