Can I be a candidate for Mommy makeover if i have an auto immune disorder?

Mommy make-over - ok if I have an auto-immune disorder?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • The answer is 'probably' -
  • There are many auto-immune diseases and they range from minimal to devastating.
  • Ask your regular doctor or your rheumatologist their thoughts on surgery for you.
  • They may feel it is fine, that it is fine with certain precautions but if you are very ill with it, they will not want you to have elective surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Can i be a candidate for Mommy makeover if I have an auto immune disorder?

You may be a candidate for a mommy makeover, even if you have an autoimmune disorder.  It will depend on the specific disorder and whether or not it is presently under good control.  Check, first, with the doctor who is treating you for this disease, in this regard.  Also be certain to let your surgeon know about your disorder and all medication that you may be on.  The doctors, who know you and have treated you, should be able to give you good advice as to whether or not a mommy makeover would be in your best interest.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Candidate

#autoimmune disorders have a wide range of severity.  It is not necessarily a final deterrent for having a #mommymakeover, but it will put you at risk for more #complications.  I would need more information on your specific disorder and how it affects your body.
Please have an in-person consultation with a #boardcertified plastic surgeon for more details.

Dr derby

The most important is to get a full clearance from your primary physician in this matter. He will also need top state any type of limitations during procedure and the post op process. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover candidate

You would require clearance from your primary care physician or rheumatologist prior to having any elective surgery. Your plastic surgeon can consult with your specialists to be sure you will be ok with surgery.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.
You would first need to be cleared for elective surgery by both your primary care doctor as well as the specialist that is treating you for your autoimmune disorder prior to moving forward.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon