Will columelloplasty fix my nose? (photos)

I really don't feel I have retracted nostril but I might be wrong. Pls tell me if you feel a columelloplasty will give me a subtle but great result. I cannot stand my nostrils showing and the way my columella hangs. This is the result of my primary Rhinoplasty. I used to actually like my tip so it is pretty upsetting to have a new issue with my nose. Also would fixing columella make my nose short or piggy? I just want a subtle result not a "perfect" nose.

Hanging columella repair

It should be possible to tuck up your hanging columella to make your nostrils less visible. Tip rotation doesn't necessarily have to change so it should be possible to maintain the current tip angle.You can learn more about hanging columella repair and see before and after photos at my web reference link below.

Revising Columella

Your hanging columella can be lifted without changing tip projection or rotation. This procedure can be done with just local anesthesia depending on the patient's needs and comfort level.

Revision rhinoplasty for hanging columella

A revision rhinoplasty is always harder than a primary rhinoplasty due to the previous alterations in the nasal anatomy and scar tissue.  The hanging columella can be reduced with a columella-plasty.  The tip of the nose can also be raised or lowered depending upon the angle for which the skin /cartilage is removed.  For more information and many  before and after examples of reduction of the hanging columella with closed rhinoplasty, please see the video and the link below

Hanging columella

I think if the caudal septum was trimmed the columella will rise. As long as the anterior septum is not overly trimmed , there should be no piggy nose.The nose will be smaller, not shorter,

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon