Photos during operation?

I had a rhinoplasty some years ago but my nose is asymmetric now. So i will have a secondary rhinoplasty. I think that during the operation you can clearly understand how the cartilage is placed, so i would like to have a photo to understand why my nose was so asymmetric and strange. Can a surgeon do it? Can i have a photo also when he has finished his work? Thanks.

Photo in surgery

It is very common to take photos during surgery (assuming patient consent). These are generally for medical and educational purposes only Speak with your surgeon to discuss what you would like to have done regarding photo documentation.Sometimes the team is too focused on working on your nose to stop for too many photos

Intraoperative Rhinoplasty photos

Dear inbilico,You can definitely ask your rhinoplasty surgeon to take intraoperative photos of of your nose; this can be done at your request. You should sign a consent to allow your surgeon to take intraoperative photos and discuss you would like to review these post operatively. I recommend a in-office consultation with facial plastic or plastic surgeon to discuss your expectations. Best of luck!

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photos during surgery

It is very common to take photos during surgery (assuming patient consent). These are generally for medical and educational purposes. Speak with your surgeon to discuss what you would like to have done regarding photo documentation. Every surgeon has their own preference. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist