How Much Does Sculptra Cost?

what's the average price/cost

Cost of Sculptra Aesthetic

Sculptra Aesthetic works much differently than other fillers. It helps your body create and regenerate its own, natural collagen, thereby giving a longer lasting result. Sculptra Aesthetic is proven to last up to 2 years, and can be injected to create global volume, rather than just filling in deep wrinkles. We price Sculptra by the syringe and by the vial - $100 per syringe or $700 per vial (8 syringes). Sculptra needs to be injected every 4 weeks for 12 weeks to get the optimal result.

Cost of Sculptra Aesthetic

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sculptra cost

Prior to receiving FDA approval for lipoatrophy (loss of facial fat) due to aging, we charged $1200/bottle. We generally dilute a bottle with 6-7cc of sterile water and add 2cc of local anesthetic prior to dosing, so a bottle can generate almost 9-10cc of product, which can be used to fill cheeks and temples.

Since Sculptra was approved in 8/09, the price has been reduced by its manufacturer, Sanofi-Aventis, to promote its launch. We anticipate that the charge will be on the order of $750-800/bottle.

Important considerations include: a) nodularity can occur with all dermal fillers; b) Sculptra produces a gradual correction, and lasts at least 2 years; c) Sculptra has some "no go" zones, including lips, eyelids, marionette's lines and lower jaw; d) older individuals will experience slower correction as their biosynthetic capacity is generally slower; e) after 2 years, retreatment doesn't require the full course initially undertaken.

Cost issues aside, please consider your options carefully. There are many options and you should get full disclosure before undertaking any. Good luck.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Sculptra cost

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Sculptra - rule of thumb - one vial per decade

A good rule of thumb is that you will need one vial for each decade of life.

So, a woman in her forties will need four vials; a woman in her sixties will need six vials.

Sculptra is typically performed over several sessions.  In a typical session, two vials are injected. However, if a patient is very volume depleted, I may choose to do three vials; if a patient doesn't need as much, I may only do 1 vial.

This is a rough guide.  And some percentage of patients will require more total vials to get the desired effect and others less. 

In our practice, Sculptra is ~$800/vial, and a typical session is ~$1600.  So, a series of three sessions will run about $4800.  This is a big investment, but Sculptra does provide the most "bang for the bunk," in terms of the amount of volume that it provides and the length of time the volume lasts.  Their initial study showed that patients were just as satisfied at 2 years with their wrinkle reduction. 

I do recommend maintenance of 1-2 vials annually or bi-annually.

Scuptra cost is slightly greater upfront cost, save thousands in the long run!

After a complete assessment, a determination is made as to how many vials (bottles) and how many treatment sessions will be required. I have patients bring in photos of themselves from each decade which helps illustrate the progression and location of volume loss.

Most patients in their 30's and 40's need 1 vial per treatment and require on average 3 treatments, which are spaced 8 weeks apart. Older patients will require two vials per treatment session and sometimes require more more than 3 treatment sessions. A single vial is usually all that is needed every two years for a boost to maintain your results.

The cost for one vial is 1100 and if a second vial is needed, it is discounted to 800. On average, patients will spend $3300 to $4900 on their 3 treatments over a 4 to 6 month period. The upfront investment is higher than with other fillers but the results speak for themselves. Most patients are looking for value these days. Over the course of 5 years, you will save thousands of dollars by avoiding repeated injections of other shorter lasting fillers.

A word of caution. Do not base your selection of your Sculptra injector on price alone. Unlike injection errors with shorter lasting products, an error in placement with Sculptra can have negative aesthetic results for a few years due to its long duration of effect. Make sure your physician is among the "core specialists" i.e. a plastic surgeon or dermatologist. In addition, they should have extensive experience with the product. It helps if they are also clinical trainers for Sanofi Aventis, the makers of Sculptra.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Sculptra

Sculptra in the South Bay runs $750 per vial.  A rule of thumb for Sculptra needs is plan on one vial per every decade of life.  In other words, if you are 40 years old and in need, it will be about 4 vials.  I usually place two vials on the first visit and after 6-8 weeks plan on a reassessment and placement of additional Sculptra as needed.  The focus in each visit is to achieve symmetry and a natural looking fill.  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of Sculptra

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of Sculptra

Thank you for your question. The cost of Sculptra is going to vary quite a bit across the country. In St Louis, MO we charge $695/vial less any rebates that may be available through the Galderma Aspire Rewards Program. When used in the Sculptra Butt Lift, due to the large number of vials injected, our charge is substantially less. I hope this was helpful - Dr. Moore.

Cost of Sculptra

Price of Sculptra

Before I tell patients the cost of Sculptra, I tell them to think of it as cost per year.  It is more money upfront, but the effects last many years and ultimately is a more affordable option that other treatments.

At my office one vial is about $875 and the second is $800 (Although right now in april/may 2017 my realself special is buy one get one half off!)

Although it varies on metabolism and several other factors, a rough guide to how much you need is one vial per decade of life.  I usually break that up into 3 treatments.  For example an average 50 year old would need 2 vials, then 6 weeks later 2 vials, then 1 vial.  Treatment lasts up to 5 years.  Studies have shown that 95% of sculptra users still see a great result and are very happy at 2 years after treatment.  So that's about $4,000 for 3-5 years of looking great.

When you compare that to Voluma, which is about $900 per cc (and everyone needs 2) that is $1800 for treatment that lasts only 1-1.5 years, and it only fills the cheeks.  If you get some in the temples, chin, jaw, nasolabial folds, etc, you can easily spend $4,000 per year for the same results. 

I love Sculptra and have gotten great results!  I recommend it to everyone!

Best of luck

Dr Rodman

Price of Sculptra

Best of luck

Dr Rodman

Sculptra

Hi,

The average cost of Sculptra is $700-1000 per vial. Usually people need 2 vials per round for good treatment volumization. Amount of rounds depends on how much volume you may need or desire.

Sculptra

Hi,

Sculptra Cost

Hi Dj1260,

The cost for Sculptra varies with location. Some practices may offer a discount if you use more than one vial at a time. 

The cost for Sculptra at my practice is $800 per vial. 

Javad Sajan, MD

Javad Sajan, MD

Sculptra Cost

Hi Dj1260,

Javad Sajan, MD

Javad Sajan, MD

Sculptra Costs

Sculptra prices vary. Each is sold per vial to physicians.I personally charge $600 a vial. I use alot of the product so the cost to me is significantly less than other who may not use as much.  I charge per vial I use. A general rule is one vial per decade over 30. It really depends on the area treating, individual needs and desired results. The more often you do , the more stimulation you get. For example, using 2 vials twice may produce similar results as one vial three times. Expereince is the key to getting optimal results.

Sculptra Costs