My plastic surgeon says that sculptra lasts 5 to 7 years. Everything I've read says 18 months to 2 years. Why is there a discrepancy?
How Long Does Sculptra Last?
Doctor Answers 14
Sculptra lasts at least 2 years, probably longer
Dear M. Landis,
Sculptra is a terrific product that lasts longer than any other commercially available filler. The following is a list of fillers and the lengths of time that I would expect each to actually last:
- Old-fashioned collagen (human or animal): 6-12 weeks. These products don't last long enough for them to be worthwhile anymore.
- Non-animal Stabilized Hyaluronic acids (such as Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus, Restylane and Perlane, Elevess): 6-12 months. Closer to 6 months in the lips, but closer to 12 months in various folds. Botox may potentiate the length of efficacy of these products.
- New collagen (known as Evolence): 6-9 months. This product has only been availabe in the USA since the summer of 2008, so no American has even 6-9 months of experience with it! My 6-9 month guess is based upon the experience of my European and Canadian colleagues.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (known as Radiesse): 12-18 months. Initial experience was a bit overly optimistic; the first injectors thought that Radiesse lasted 1-3 years. The truth is that Radiesse usually lasts a full year or slightly longer.
- Poly-L-Lactic Acid (known as Sculptra): >2 years. The FDA studies approving the use of the product ended after 2 years. Hence, the product cannot be marketed as lasting longer than 2 years. However, I have noticed efficacy for as long as I have been injecting the product--3 years. Since Sculptra has only been available in the USA for 3 1/2 years, no American has a longer experience. However, some European doctors report 5 years of persistence.
Also, there had been a permanent filler on the market--Artefill. However, its manufacturer Artes Medical recently filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, and Artefill is no longer available.
Hope that you found all this information helpful!
Sculptra can last up to 2 years
Sculptra can last up to 2 years. Price would depend on how much product is needed. Most patients start with 2 vials, which could range from $2200 to $2500. And if more is needed, we could inject at 4 to 6 weeks post your injection. There was a product called Artefill which last up to 5 years, a skin test was needed but that product has been pulled. Sculptra is a great way to go!
Sculptra lasts and lasts.
My patients have done well with 1 vial per month for 3 treatments and then a single vial every 12 months or so. With this regimen the correction can be maintained. In the rare patient who opts to not have maintenance treatments the correction seems drop off between 2 and 3 years.
You might also like...
How long does Sculptra last?
Sculptra tends to last about two years in most patients, although many patients will see results for a shorter or longer period of time. I tell most patients to expect results for 2-3 years if they follow a full series of initial treatment sessions. I also believe that some patients will experience some collagen production in response to injectable products like Sculptra and the hyaluronic acid-based products where they seem to need less of the product for maintenance over time.
Always see an expert physician injector.
All the best,
Depending on Maintenance...
On average, Sculptra lasts up to three years. With regular maintenance injections, results can be maintained.
Thank you for your question. While everyone is different, and age, health, and appearance all factor into this. Sculptra as a norm will last approximately two years. Good luck
Sculptra results last 2 years
Sculptra will help replace volume loss, while some lasers address skin laxity. The best option is to combine the technologies. Results with Sculptra will last 2-5 years.
Typically, Sculptra can last 2-3 years. It usually consists of a series of treatments. It is a great volumizer.
Sculptra injections look very natural due to its natural collagen building activity, and has longevity between 2-3 years. Typical treatment consists of 3 sessions over several months, and are excellent for younger patients that feel that they are looking hollow, and older patients that would like to regain the voluptuousness of youth.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.