Can someone show me what I would look like after a chin augmentation? (photo)

I am looking for a simulated before and after picture.

Chin augmentation

Without the benefit of a complete exam, have a friend take a profile picture of you in a relaxed position, then move your jaw forward and ask them to take another or several photos. This should give you an idea of what your profile would look like with a genioplasty of chin implant. Good luck!

Chin

I do not believe you need a chin surgery. The shape of your chin is fine. Your lower jaw is back and needs to come forward. If you do chin surgery, you will ruin the labiomental fold.

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin Augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.

You are taking the right steps by bringing pictures of chins that you "like" as well as those that you do not like. In my office, you would look at pictures of other male patients that received chin implants. I then like to do computer imaging of pictures that take of you so that we can get a good idea of what you want your chin to look like. 

After you click on the reference below, you can go to the Photo Gallery section to see some examples. 

Sincerely,

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

Can someone show me what I would look like after a chin augmentation?

Computer imaging is usually part of the in-person consultation process. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, so it also depends upon the size of the implant that's inserted. In addition, some patients want very subtle result, while other patients want a more moderate/ significant result. On the link located below there is a software module installed on our website  which allows patients to do their own computer Imaging.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Chin Implant?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation