I've been told I have a mouth breather face. What do I need to do to bring my face into balance? (photos)

I'm not sure I can afford the double jaw surgery I'm told I need and can't have that much downtime from work. I'm not sure if a chin implant will even help my appearance or if it could make it worse. Or is there nothing really that can help my appearance.

Do you need a chin implant?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Short Chin

With a very short chin and being a mouth breather you should consider a sliding genioplasty over a chin implant. By moving the chin bone forward you will address our chin deficiency without the use of an implant and may provide some airway improvement as well

I've been told I have a mouth breather face. Chin implant to bring face into balance?

From the limited side photographs, it appears that there's a weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, are usually placed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. In our practice, we use Implantech brand of chin implants for over 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information, many before-and-after results and diagrams of the implants themselves, please see the link and the video below 

I'm not sure if a chin implant will even help my appearance or if it could make it worse. Or is there nothing really that can he

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.