I want a more feminine face. Do I need jaw shaving or a chin implant? (Photo)

I feel my face is not feminine enough. I especially dislike the lower half and harsh square shape. I've had a rhinoplasty, and some fillers and Botox but never any work done to my jaw or cheekbones. Do I need jaw shaving or a chin implant or something entirely different? I also have an overbite and am soon planning on ten veneers on the top. Please help! Thank you!

Jawline Reshaping

You have a square lower face/jawline with a near zero mandibular plane angle. What you need is a total jawline reshaping with jaw angle reduction and a t-shaped bony genioplasty of the chin. (narrows it as well as adds some vertical length.

Facial shape and balance

Your growth pattern is a "low angle' pattern such that the lower jaw is more 'square' than other patterns. And the upper jaw grows a little less 'downwards' resulting in a lesser exposure of all the teeth with smiling. Jaw shaping procedures can be done along with increasing fullness of the middle face to alter the overall shape you see in the mirror. Fullness and an 'oval' shape are a reasonable goal if your present situation is a concern

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Feminine face

I think you should do nothing. You have an attractive face and messing with it could create an artificial look that would be more bizarre than attractive. It is always possible to want what you don't have. If you look hard enough you will find somenone to do surgery, probaly to the detriment of your well being.

Talmage Raine MD

drraine,com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

I want a more feminine face

I think two things. You look great and you don't look like everyone else, which I would revel in . Sometimes one can try too hard and make yourself look completely odd. In any event I would do nothing more permanent than HA fillers. You should stay away from filling your lips.   

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How To Achieve A More Feminine Face

You have some very attractive facial features, and I would like to caution you against overdoing it. This is not to say that your face can't be made to look more feminine, but the last thing I would want for you is to do too much surgery, or to do the wrong type of surgery, and have your natural beauty compromised. More than anything, I would suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and a very conservative, educated perspective. If you wish to further improve your facial features, an unbiased consultation with someone who will not just do surgery "for surgery's sake" would be advised. 

Want a more feminine face. Do I need jaw shaving or a chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, there is some excess fat below the cheeks and the chin is weak.  These combine to create a rectangularly shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Liposuction would be added to further shape the cheeks.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Shaving the jaw line by itself will "not" make the face more feminine as the cheeks are most important facial feature to accomplish that goal.  In my humble opinion, jaw shaving and Masseter reduction (surgery or with Botox) are widely mis-used primarily due to a lack of aesthetic understanding that creating cheeks that are full and round in the front is the most accurate and consistent method of feminizing the face.  Once the cheeks are properly shaped and the face feminized, it would be quite rare that the face would require or benefit from reducing the jaw line with shaving or Masseter reduction.

Hope this helps.