How can I fix my hooded uneven eyes? (photo)

I'm 23 years old and hate my uneven hooded eyes. Both my parents have hooded eyes and I want to change mine. I also notice that they are uneven and I'm wondering if that can be fixed too. I want to know what procedure could also lift my eyebrows to make them arch more and my uneven hooded eyes and how much will it cost?

brow lift for low eyebrow position

Performing an upper blepharoplasty procedure can accomplish dropping the eyebrows even further, therefore a brow lift is required when patients have a low eyebrow position. In addition to low eyebrow position, asymmetry can be adjusted along with the hairline. For more information and many examples of brow lifts, please see the link and the video below

Hooded Eyes

Thank you for your question.  I agree with my colleges.  You do seem to have deep set eyes and low eyebrows.  While a forehead lift may be a good procedure for you, it will give you a very different look which you may or may not like.  I too would suggest trying a non surgical procedure first to see if you can get a lift and see how you like it.  Ultherapy is a great way to go if you do not want surgery.  You may want to have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get an exam and find out what your best plan for treatment would be.  Consultations are usually complimentary and you can gain a lot of information from them.

Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Hooded Eyes?

Thank you for your question!  Based on your picture, I believe that you have hooding over your because of the position of the your eyebrows.  The brows, in general, should sit above the rim of the eye.  We can correct a low brow with a browlift (surgery); however, I would suggest trying a non-surgical alternative, first.  A neuromodulator, such as Botox or Dysport, can be used to help elevate the brow when it is injected into the glabella (between the eyes) and the crow's feet around the eyes.  

I would consult with a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon who specializes in rejuvenation of the eyes.  At your consultation, you will be able to discuss your specific concerns and goals for your eyes and brows.

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hooded eyes

You have deep set eyes with a heavy forehead that makes your eyes look the way you do. For a young female like yourself, your eyebrows should sit about 1 fingerbreadth above your brow bone. I can't really tell from your photo, but it seems that your brows might sit lower than that (right lower than left, making your asymmetric). My opinion is that Botox would make it worse or give you a very unnatural Spock appearance. I would recommend either Ultherapy to your brows which is non-surgical or a surgically browlift. I would caution you that a surgically browlift could drastically change your appearance, however.

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of sagging brows and asymmetry ?

Treatment of sagging brows and asymmetry ? I don't think Botox is for your VERY heavy brows and sad look. We developed the Irrregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift 35 years ago to raise your brows, lower your hair line if needed and NOT raise your hairline if high. This is done without a noticeable scar. You can visit my website and others and see the hairline without a noticeable scar. 

Low Brow

It appears from the picture that you have a low brow position which makes your eyelids appear hooded.  Its likely hereditary. Based on your hairline, you may be a great candidate for an endoscopic browlift.  I think that will really brighten the appearance of your eyes.  I would need to examine you person obviously before any final recommendation.  The cost of the procedure can be variable and includes a surgeon's fee, facility fee, and fee for anesthesia.  Pls make sure you go to someone who has experience doing this procedure because you don't want to get an "over-lifted" result.  All the best!!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I fix my hooded uneven eyes?

Thank you for your question.  I think the main issue is brow ptosis or sagging of the eyebrows and an upper lid blepharoplasty should not be done with your current brow position.  I would recommend trying Botox in the frown area between the brows and in the upper crows feet area out to the side of the eyebrows.  This technique should give you 6 mm of brow elevation.  If elevating the brow gives her the appearance you want at some later date you could consider a brow lift that as long as you've achieve results with an injection that would be my recommendation.  Please consult at least 2 board certified plastic surgeons with experience in oculoplastic surgery.