Bruising and red eyes after Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had a closed rhinoplasty 17 days ago and I still have bruising and blood inside of my eyes. I really dont know what to do with that. My surgeon told me this is not really common so i have to wait, but I have a flight in 10 days, will start my university, want to do something to make this waiting time shorter. I put the photo so it would help you

Persistant bruising

You have persistent bruising which will resolve.  I would also suggest trying a product called OcuMend which might help clear the bruising.

Bruising after rhinoplasty

Bruising usually subsides within 1-2 weeks but for some individuals it can last longer.  It is hard to predict.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only seventeen days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
To the redness and bruising in your eyes I recommend you to visit an ophtalmologist.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bruising and eye redness after rhinoplasty

Under eyes bruising after rhinoplasty is very common, and the extend of it can vary among patients. Occasionally the bruising extends under the conjunctiva of the eye causing eye redness- this is what you have. All these changes are temporary and resolve with time. You may consider taking Arnica Montana to speed up the recovery. I actually recommend this supplement to all my surgical patients to be started preoperatively to minimize the extend of the bruising. 

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Bruising

Thanks for your question. Sorry that you are having this issue. The bruising under the eye may respond to Arnica Montana, it is available both topical and in pill form over the counter at health food/suppliment stores. The eye bruising is a bit more complex, those are subconjunctival hemorrhages; they can often take a few weeks or more to completely resolve. I don't know that there is much than can be done to speed that process however. Hang in there, all will certainly resolve. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising and swelling after rhinoplasty.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  For most patients, all bruising has resolved by about 7- 14 days.  However, it is not uncommon for bruising to last up to 3 or 4 weeks, and in some cases longer, after rhinoplasty procedure.  This is all dependent on an individual's healing process.  I'll allow my patients to wear makeup and concealer at 7 days postoperative, when the sutures and splint are removed. Arnica, an herbal supplement, may help resolve some of the bruising slightly faster. However, I would strongly suggest you discuss the use of arnica and makeup/concealers with your surgeon prior to trying either. Good luck and thanks again for sharing!

Brian Harmych, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon