6 weeks after gynecomastia surgery, my nipples are still swollen. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hey, 6 weeks ago I had a gyno surgery. At first my nipples looked good and smaller but now I am starting to realise that my nipples are still puffy. They are almost the same size that they use to be before the surgery. My surgeron told me that it can take up to 3 months before swelling goes away. Heres some picture I wana know if it looks normal

Swelling post op Gynecomastia

Thanks for your question.  Overall, your early result looks good.  Listen to your surgeon.  It can take 3 months, and maybe more, for your final appearance to be reached.  Have patience.  Best Regrads.

Should my nipples be puffy after gynaecomastia surgery?

Dear Alex
Many thanks for posting your question.
You are still very early after surgery, and I think that you have a very good early result. As your surgeons said, it can take months for the swelling to settle, so try not to worry for now.
Good luck, and hang in there!

6 Weeks Post Gynecomastia Surgery

After your #Gynecomastia #surgery, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing.

Puffy nipples

He said 3 months and I would say they can stay swollen for 6 months or longer. Be patient with the results. Good luck.