I have puffy nipple, is it gyno ? (photos)

I always had a puffy nipples, I usually do cardio exercise to reduce the fat, my body fat currently is around 14%, I try to eat healthy all the day, I'm not sure if this is Gyno or should I git the gym harder to lose this extra fat, I really cannot tell

About Gynecomastia with Puffy Nipples Complex

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia. Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.

Do I Have Gynecomastia?

Hi binghanem,

Thanks for the post and photo. There is no substitute for an in person physical exam, but based on the photo you may have a mild case of gynecomastia. The way to tell if this is gynecomastia or excess fat is that gynecomastia will not improve with losing weight or body fat. Exercise does not improve true gynecomastia. I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery for an evaluation.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Gynecomastia

I appreciate your concern, but physical exam would be helpful. However, your photo demonstrates possibly mild Gynecomastia which is usually treated by liposuction alone. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia, as you may find it helpful. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Gynecomastia New York city NY.

It looks like puffy nipples which is gynecomastia ,and going to the gym is great but will not resolve your problem.
How should I choose a surgeon?  
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully only a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection. 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3. Gynecomastia surgery Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering? 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Puffy nipples and gynecomastia

Yes, you do have mild puffy nipples as well as excess tissue on your chest (ie gynecomastia).  Surgery will target the excess tissue and remove the breast tissue below the areola which is causing the protrusion.  The result should be a sculpted appearing male chest with smaller areolas which lie flat and flush with the surrounding skin.

You should definitely seek an opinion from a plastic surgeon who has demonstrated interest and expertise in gynecomastia surgery. Check out my website below, which is specifically focused on gynecomastia.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City

Do I have puffy nipple, is it gyno ?

Have your nipples changed in any way?
Are they tender or do they hurt?
Do you take any meds that can cause gynecomastia?

A mammogram is the best objective test for gynecomastia versus extra fat(amenable to diet and exercise).

Hope this helps

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

I can't tell based on the photographs…

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.