Thermi 250, Kybella, or coolsculpting for my chin? (photos)

I recently had a consultation with a plastic surgeon about my double chin. I was hoping for a discussion around CoolSculpting or kybella. She discouraged me from both saying that I do not necessarily have fat to dissolve, and I would be a perfect candidate for the thermi250.. about 4 to 6 sessions. Looking for advice on whether it will give me the results that I'm looking for it- no double chin and the turkey gobbler gone?

Neck skin excess and laxity

It looks like there is a bit of skin excess, a few visible bands of platysma muscle and a very small amount of fat beneath the chin. My recommendation would probably be a combination of botox to relax the neck bands then a few weeks later Ultherapy (microfocused ultrasound). Kybella seems to swell for several weeks which patient find difficult to tolerate.

Goodbye Turkey Gobbler--Thermitight, VASER, ThermiRF, ultherapy

I recommend a combination approach. Based on your picture you would be a good candidate for Thermi250 or I recommend ThermiTight. I like to combine this with VASER and ThermiRF, and ultherapy for best results.  Please see an expert there is a lot that can be done for neck rejuvenation. Best, Dr. Emer

Coolsculpting in the chin area

Thank you for the photos, however it is hard to determine which is the right procedure for you without having a in person exam. Both Kybella and Coolsculpting will work on fat reduction, however it is the about of fat in the area that would determine which procedure would be better suited for your desired outcome. My suggestion would be to have a consultation with a board certified Dermatologist and or Plastic surgeon to see which is best for you. Good luck!

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella, Coolsculpting, Thermage

It appears from the photo that you would benefit from a combination of Thermage to tighten the skin and Kybella to remove any submental fat and tighten the skin as well. Coolsculpting will help a large amount of submental fat.  I use a combination of all of these in my office for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Treatment Options For Loose Skin Under Chin

I would agree that CoolSculpting and Kybella would not be the best options for you. Your issue seems to be mostly loose skin with little fat. I would prefer doing ThermiTight over Thermi250 as you will get much more dramatic results with just a single treatment. Please see an experienced physician provider for an in-person consultation and evaluation. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Tightening neck skin that has fat

I don't agree with those recommendations. It is simply superficial RF, which is not effective for fat and poor for skin tightening. I think there is fat there. I would treat with Infini for this. This can treat fat with the deeper settings and the skin with more superficial settings. Thermitight is another option. Kybella, Coolsmooth will help destroy the fat but not tighten the skin.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

The CoolMini is excellent for removal of subcutaneous fat in the chin area. I use Pelleve which is a radio frequency device for skin tightening. In office evaluation is very important to confirm if you are a good candidate for these treatments.  

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Probably will not

Thermi250 is a external radiofrequency device similar to thermage or velashape.  While these devices do offer a smoothing toning effect they do not give as good of skin tightening of the neck as ultherapy, lutronic infini, or thermi RF (the injectable one).   You do appear to have mainly a skin laxity problem, but  1 coolmini may help in combination with one of the above procedures. 

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon