I had 1 mini cool sculpting treatment for my double chin the end of March 2016 and didn't see much improvement. (photo)

I've read here people that after two treatment they see best results. Is it to late for me to do a second treatment after 5 months? Will I see better results ?? Hate to throw money away

Coolsculpting

Hi,

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

CoolMini

Depending on a patient’s individual goal, multiple treatments with CoolSculpting may be needed. Many patients benefit from a second treatment with the CoolMini applicator when treating the submental area. You should still see results after having an additional treatment 5 months later. Consult your board-certified plastic surgeon regarding what treatment is best for you. Good luck in your research!

Tom S. Liu, MD, MBA
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Mini and Number of Treatments

The best way to see if you are really a candidate for the Cool-mini is to have an in patient evaluation. If you are a good candidate it should definitely will improve after each treatment.  If you have excessive skin laxity then you will need a skin tightening or surgical procedure.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting submental fat

We always do 2 treatments under the chin about 6 weeks apart. You should still get good results after 5 months.

Jean M Casello, MD
Northborough Physician

CoolMini on Submental

Usually two CoolSculpting treatments are recommended for the submental area, as this is what the studies show to have more desirable results.  Every CoolSculpting treatment kills about 20-25% of the fat cells in the area, so each individual is different on the amount of treatments they need to reach their goals.  The CoolSculpting treatments tend to help tighten the skin some, but sometimes if the skin already has some laxity, it will still have that after the CoolSculpting treatment.  Make sure to see a CoolSculpting Specialist and a Board Certified plastic surgeon to see what your best options are.  Also, it is fine if you have time in-between treatments, since the procedure treats whatever subcutaneous fat it pulls into the applicator.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Two treatments recommended for CoolSculpting under the chin

Two treatments are typically recommended for patients who undergo CoolSculpting treatments under the chin. Optimal results are typically seen 3 months after the second treatment. And while CoolSculpting targets fat under the chin, some patients also benefit from some tightening of the skin as well. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and one treatment

Coolsculpting can help the adipose tissue in the submental area, however it is recommend that you have 2 treatments in the area for the optimal results. Also you will typically see the final results 3 months post your 2nd treatment. Also keep in mind coolsculpting wis intended to get rid of fat, not tighten the skin. I would consult with my provider as to what will provide you your desired outcome.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your concerns. I would recommend to followup with your provider. Typically at least 2 treatments or more are recommend. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Retreating with CoolSculpting

Thank you for the question, when treating the segmental "double chin" most patients require 2-3 treatments to see best results in fat reduction.  At our practice we do require a pt to wait approx. 4-6 week before retreating.  Keep in mind, when treating with CoolSculpting you are reducing the FAT in that area, CoolSculpting does not tighten the skin.  The appearance of lose skin may ultimately be your concern.  However, it is never too late to retreat with CoolSculpting.

CoolMini Results

Everyone that does CoolSculpting for the double chin using the CoolMini applicator will need 2-3 treatments to see optimal results. The results after the first treatment can often be minimal and subtle, but further improvement occurs after the 2nd treatment. It's important not to become discouraged after the first treatment. We typically space treatments 6 weeks apart, but even after 5 months it's not too late to do another treatment. Remember, though, that CoolSculpting is a treatment for fat and it will not have much of an effect on the loose skin under the chin. For best results you may want to combine your CoolMini treatment with a skin tightening treatment. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon