Coolsculpt mini treatment/chin. During early Pregnancy

Greetings, I got 1 coolculpt mini (chin) in late May 2016. We conceived baby (2 years trying, so excited :-) Conception May 31st-June 2nd was when I ovulated. Small area treated away from tummy. Not many studies on this in last 6 years in the US. Is it known anywhere in the world of any potential harm? With the entire process of eliminating the fat, since this takes a few months in my 1st trimester. Naturally, I will be in close contact with our OBGYN. Any thoughts are respected & appreciated.

Coolsculpting

Hi,

Congratulations on the pregnancy. Coolsculpting is contraindicated in pregnancy because there has not been any studies showing it is safe during that time.

My Best,

Sheila Nazarian MD

Coolsculpting and pregnancy

Congratulations on your pregnancy.  
Very, very few clinical studies are ever conducted on pregnant women because researchers and pregnant women alike would never want to risk any possible injury to an unborn child.  Anecdotal findings thus far have not shown any issues with women inadvertently treated while pregnant. Since you were treated before even conceiving you are perfectly fine.  Coolsculpting only acts on the fat that is in the immediate treatment area, no surrounding tissue or organs. 
Congratulations again and no worries about the pre pregnancy procedure.

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting During Early Pregnancy

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! There have been no studies to examine CoolSculpting during pregnancy, and there never will be. For this reason CoolSculpting (or any other cosmetic treatment for that matter) is not recommended during pregnancy. You had the treatment before knowing you were pregnant and in an area away from your pregnancy, therefore, there shouldn't be any issues with your pregnancy moving forward. The only thing is that as you gain weight during your pregnancy your CoolSculpting results may not be optimal. Hope this helps answer your question. Congratulations again!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Pregnancy

There is no risk to a baby with localized CoolSculpting however, I suggest waiting on any cosmetic treatments until after you have delivered. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for your questions. CoolSculpting is generally contraindicated in pregnant/breastfeeding women as not many studies have been done. Ensure that you consult with a physician with expertise in CoolSculpting. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting during early pregnancy

Congrats on your pregnancy.  It is unlikely that your coolsculpting will cause any issue with your pregnancy.  Good luck and enjoy this time!

Kelly Killeen, MD