Can the CoolMini be used without the liner in it and just the gel trap?

liner always rips and bubbles

Thank you for your question. I recommend continuing to use the liner for the CoolMini applicator to work properly. The liner also protects your skin from burns. If you have already used the applicator without the liner and there were no problems, you should be okay. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting

I recommend using the device as advised by Zeltiq. 

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolMini with or without liner?

Hello apupello,

Thank you for your question. Are you a provider of CoolSculpting or a patient? I ask based on your statement above; "liner always rips and bubbles", how many procedures have you had done to come to this conclusion? Bottom line in medicine is this; we often will do things "off label" and do so safely with good results. However off label does not mean we will alter a machine, medication or device away from its original design for safety and efficacy. Such would be the case with CoolSculpting the liners and gel pads were designed and tested for very specific purposes and thus should be used as such.  

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Use without liner

You should always use the machine as advised by the manufacture in order to optimize your results. Good luck with your treatments.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Official answer is no, but you can

with the coolmini the liner is a just a tegaderm dressing, this is just there to protect the applicator from any biodebri, blood or fluids.   I have been informed by the device reps that it is safe to use without.  The new advantage applicator is a large coolmini, it doesn't use a liner just has a modified gel pad.  

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting without liner

The liner should always be used in the CoolMini applicator as well as the other CoolScupting applicators.  The liner and the gel pad insure that the treatment will give the best results with no harm.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. In order for for the applicator to work properly and the skin to be protected I highly recommend continuing to use the liner. Make sure that the applicator is clean and dry before applying the liner. It can be a little tricky but is best to use it. 

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Coolmini needs liner to work best

It needs the liner to work at the optimal temperature. There are risks of burns if it is not used.If already done and there are no problems, it is probably ok.

Steven F. Weiner, MD