Is it normal for the interior of my vagina to feel incredibly swollen or tighter after a TT? I'm almost 4 weeks post-op (Photos)

Vaginal swelling after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  It is quite common for the genital area to swell after undergoing either a tummy tuck or liposuction.  The swelling will usually subside within 3 months.  Make sure you address any concerns you may have with your primary surgeon.  Best wishes in your recovery!

Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS, member ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Is it normal for the interior of my vagina to feel incredibly swollen or tighter after a TT? I'm almost 4 weeks post-op

Thank you for your inquiry.  

Yes it is normal to have swelling everywhere after surgery.    It may take several months for the swelling to finally resolve.  

Follow the post-op protocol of your surgeon and you should do well.   

Is it normal for the interior of my vagina to feel incredibly swollen or tighter after a TT?

Hi. The simple answer is YES. Swelling is gravity dependent and therefore the pubic region will hold swelling for the most amoutn of time. It may take more than 1 year before the area feels and looks normal again. Everyone swells at different rates and thos patients who have had liposcution in combination with a tummy tuck, will swell more. Good luck.

Dr. PG

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery, even in the vagina. Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.