3 months post fue I had 2700 grafts to the temple area but only a few have grown in and mostly on the left? (Photos)

I had 2700 grafts transplanted and after three months only s few have started to grow and mostly on my left side. Do all the transplantedd hairs gtow in at different periods. I habe also noticed s small red dot thay looks like a hole from where a hair fell out

Transplanted hair growth cycle

Your grafts will go through a few stages.  Currently at 3 months, you are in the phase in which most of the hairs have fallen out but are preparing for new growth.  At 4 months you will start to see thin, fine hair which will become course and thicker over the next 3-6 months.  You must be patient and wait as full growth will not occur until 12 months.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Growth

typically the new hair starts growing around 3-4 months, with some noticeable change at 6 months, but the majority of the change between 8-12 months, and can even continue up to 15 months. The key is to be patient!

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

3 months post fue I had 2700 grafts

Regrowing hair is thin, undersized and not bright untill 4-5 th months of hair transplant. İt's normal to see a few of  new growing hair at 3, mo .They start to get native characteristics, waviness, curl in first 4-5 months..This actually takes 10-13 months for hair to become full mature , as thick and bright  as native hair. 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair regrowth after transplant

At 3 months no appreciable results can be noted.  The follicles are in a resting phase that will last for several months.  On average, the follicles will start to regrow between 4 to 6 months after the procedure.  

Hair growth

The transplanted hair typically goes into a resting phase and returns at 2-4 months so it sounds like you are on track.  I tell patients the hairs are like individual people, each in their own growth cycle, so they come in at different times.  For example, we lose 100 hairs a day, they all don't begin growing the same time.  At any given time there is hair in different growth cycles.  It takes 9-12 months to receive the full result.  It may be a ingrown hair, you will not lose any grafts at this stage.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

3 months and minimal growth

At 90 days, I would not expect any significant growth. You must wait it out for at least 5-6 months to see the growth start and 8 months for 80% of the growth to show up

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon